What servers do you run in your house?

megadarkwood

what about 2 raspberry pi's?

One running a website controled radio

The other running Owncloud

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1

I actually have a Raspberry Pi running a small test website server, I have't done much with it but here is the link http://projectsbyjosh.no-ip.org/home.html

That would be kind of difficult as last I heard it was in a data

center somewhere far, far away. ;)

That's kinda sad, I thought maybe he was running it out of his house. But it would still be cool to see.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

That's kinda sad, I thought maybe he was running it out of his house. But it would still be cool to see.

do you know how much bandwidth that would take with the ammount of members images. and other stuffs you would have to have a amazing upload/download.

Its probably running on a supermicro server in a softlayer datacenter.   "probably"

Old pentium 4 with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as a webserver, databaserver, smb fileshare, ftp server, bittorrent sync, torrent downloader, gitlab server. Planning on upgrading to a new server soon :)

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

i have no server however when i can i will build one

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

Running three servers. My network is themed after the solar system and every device has a astro-related name.

My first and most important server is the Asteroid. 

4x 4 Core Xeons.

128 Gigabytes of ECC DDR3.

8x 10 Gigabit LAN ports with PCI-E expansion cards.

Couple of computational cards for folding.

Redundancy power supplies event though if one fails there wouldn't be any problems.

RAID Card

40 TB of assorted hard drives.

It serves as a NAS, OwnCloud server, folding@home device, game server, DHCP, TS, DNS and a web cache forged in hell.

The cache is programmed to store non-dynamic webpage components, like individual YouTube videos. I would share the source code but I'm thinking of selling it as a software suite.

My second server, Mercury, works as a dedicated firewall.

I won't list the specs, they're not too interesting. It exists mainly because of the Asteroid, it has been cracked multiple times.

My third one is a dedicated communications hub. Nothing too interesting.

The architecture is more interesting though

Running three servers. My network is themed after the solar system and every device has a astro-related name.

My first and most important server is the Asteroid. 

4x 4 Core Xeons.

128 Gigabytes of ECC DDR3.

8x 10 Gigabit LAN ports with PCI-E expansion cards.

Couple of computational cards for folding.

Redundancy power supplies event though if one fails there wouldn't be any problems.

RAID Card

40 TB of assorted hard drives.

It serves as a NAS, OwnCloud server, folding@home device, game server, DHCP, TS, DNS and a web cache forged in hell.

The cache is programmed to store non-dynamic webpage components, like individual YouTube videos. I would share the source code but I'm thinking of selling it as a software suite.

My second server, Mercury, works as a dedicated firewall.

I won't list the specs, they're not too interesting. It exists mainly because of the Asteroid, it has been cracked multiple times.

My third one is a dedicated communications hub. Nothing too interesting.

The architecture is more interesting though

Man!  Your network sounds EPIC! :) Very cool man! I wish my server was that epic.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

I have a small 500gb Ubuntu server setup running Owncloud for my photos and files.

An old i5 with 4gb of ram.

a terraria server, a minecraft server (both are down)

a ts server (down too)

and a 8gb plugged into the router. just incase i find something interesting worth sharing lol 

for the ones who are having so big network like even microsoft doesn't have one, how the hell do you even manage it?

I have a small 500gb Ubuntu server setup running Owncloud for my photos and files.

An old i5 with 4gb of ram.

Is OpenCloud free? And does it run on Windows 2003 Server R2?

Is OpenCloud free? And does it run on Windows 2003 Server R2?

You mean OwnCloud? Yeah, it's free, and it should definitely work on 2003 Server. Here's a guide for 2008 R2 Server. And here's a short guide for 2003 R2 Server (it's in German, but use Google Translate, as it should be good enough).

Though note which versions of OwnCloud those are for. The current version is 7, and those are for 3, so I'm not sure what may have changed. I assume it's a similar process.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

for the ones who are having so big network like even microsoft doesn't have one, how the hell do you even manage it?

You mean me?

I manage a lot of my network through an Android tablet with a custom ROM.

I travel frequently so it's nice to have something with 4G that's nice and portable.

For direct management, my servers are connected to an old HDMI hub, connected to a dedicated monitor.

And SSH. That works well too.

You mean me?

I travel frequently so it's nice to have something with 4G that's nice and portable.

For direct management, my servers are connected to an old HDMI hub, connected to a dedicated monitor.

that's cool even though i understood as little as nothing. and yes, not just you. some people like looney etc.

I've got a Getway GR380 with 2x Xeon X5650s, 12GB RAM, a FirePro 2270, 2x 146GB 10k Seagate drives, and a 300GB one. It's running ESXi with Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2, and 2008 and I use it learn/experiment with. It also has Windows 7 on it in dual boot which I use for a media server, CAD, and when I'm exporting in Premiere.

Home Server:

NAS

Minecraft server

PFSENSE

VPS:

Mumble Server

Ventrillo Server

TS3 Server

Source SRCDS

Cloud storage

Both are managed via SSHd.

• 2 weeks later...

You mean me?

The amount of awesomeness is too damn high! Have you demmonstrate your build on the community on a thread (except this one :-P ) or not yet?