Does recording with a 1080p monitor make a difference?

Okay i have a 1366x768 monitor and my videos look ugly when you fullscreen them, its bothering the fuck outtta me and i do render them. But im wondering those it make a differnce if i have a 1080p monitor?

Example: 

Yea. The resolution you record at is usually the same as your monitor, unless you change it.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

what is your screen size? I have a Macbook Air 11" and that is its resolution, and when I play videos on 720p and 1080p they both look good except for the text in 1080p

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

how do i do that?

You record at whatever resolution your screen is. So if your screen is 1366x768, then the max you can record at is 1366x768. There's workarounds you can do to get it to 1080p, but they're useless for for gaming. 

"Rawr XD"

Ya i just did that and it looked terrible. ill just wait till i get a monitor. whats a good monitors thats under 300$? 

If you have the graphics power then take a look at the Korean 1440p monitors

"Rawr XD"

Ya i just did that and it looked terrible. ill just wait till i get a monitor. whats a good monitors thats under 300$? 

Check out the Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM:

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2312HM-IPS-Monitor/dp/B005LN1JEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410740024&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+ultrasharp+2312hm

It's a solid monitor and looks good.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

What? 23"?...OOOO what about dis one? www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313&cm_re=Asus_3D_monitor-_-24-236-313-_-Product

Seems like a solid choice, it has good reviews. It's a TN panel, but if you want 144Hz then you have to live with TN.

What? 23"?...OOOO what about dis one? www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313&cm_re=Asus_3D_monitor-_-24-236-313-_-Product

That's an awesome monitor. It's TN though, but I don't think there's any IPS with this low response time. Also the 3D on these Asus monitors is useless.

"Rawr XD"

Lol i really dont care about TN. it doesnt bother me. and i just want 144hz and 1080p tbh.

In which case that monitor is a good choice. You should look at other 144Hz monitors before buying anything.

That's an awesome monitor. It's TN though, but I don't think there's any IPS with this low response time. Also the 3D on these Asus monitors is useless.

There is one positive thing about TN monitors. You don't get any sort of glow. So blacks will look as black as they can be for a TN monitor. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

There is one positive thing about TN monitors. You don't get any sort of glow. So blacks will look as black as they can be for a TN monitor. :D

That's VA. TN has the grayest blacks

"Rawr XD"

You record at whatever resolution your screen is. So if your screen is 1366x768, then the max you can record at is 1366x768. There's workarounds you can do to get it to 1080p, but they're useless for for gaming. 

I play at 768p via iGPU while I'm RMA'ing my 290, but record @ 1080p anyway for ease of editing and outputting to youtube without resizing further from the get-go.

Quicksync + OBS handles it all fine.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

That's VA. TN has the grayest blacks

Well I know VA can produce deep blacks but it to, from reviews I've, still produces a bit of glow. So, yeah, I wasn't getting mixed up. That's why I said, quote, "so blacks will look as black as they can be for a TN monitor", I know what I was talking about plus I know my display technology really well and the characteristics of each display type. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator