Tablet Suggestion?

flyguy3

Title expains it all. i need a good tablet, preferably not apple.

No price range, usually will be for everyday use, some school, but games too.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" and it's good. Can't ask for more. Does what I need it to do: browse, open regular apps like Facebook and Insta, and plays YouTube videos decently. Geometry Dash isn't bad either, especially when I got gameboost software for it.

Galaxy Tab S 10.5/8.4

Galaxy Note 10.1/12.2 (2014)

Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1/8.0

I recommend the Galaxy Tab S, or you can wait till the Note 2015 tablets come out. 

I own the 2014 edition, and it's baller.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Nexus 7 (2013)

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

What are you going to be using the tablet for?

and do you have kids that are going to be using it?

Would you consider the Surface Pro 3 as a tablet? If so I'd recommend it as it can do Steam. Android and Windows Store apps starting at $799

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

hmm, i like somethng smaller but maybe. Also, the Galaxy tab 10.1 seems nice.

Would you consider the Surface Pro 3 as a tablet? If so I'd recommend it as it can do Steam. Android and Windows Store apps starting at $799

What are you going to be using the tablet for?

and do you have kids that are going to be using it?

No kids, just for school. i already have a gaming laptop but i need something more portable for school and just like on the go FB. I know phablets are here, i do own an OPPO Find 7

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is really nice. It's very light to carry and has an awesome screen.

No kids, just for school. i already have a gaming laptop but i need something more portable for school and just like on the go FB. I know phablets are here, i do own an OPPO Find 7

Well then I personally would get a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 wifi 

but here is a link to Cnets tablet buyers guide http://www.cnet.com/topics/tablets/buying-guide/

I cant recommend anything else than a Nexus 7 2013 or a Sony Xperia Z2/Z3 Tablet. If you're not bothered by Touchwiz than those Tab S's and notes are a good choice for you.

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

You know @flyguy3, its kind of a shame you ask this now because the really amazing tablets are coming out soon. Search for tablets running Intel core m processors.

I'd suggest right now the Acer aspire switch 10. It's a two in one running windows. You can do work on it and then just pull it off the keyboard and use it as a tablet. I saw it in a MS store and was impressed with how nice it worked. I suggest this because you want to use it for everyday use and for school plus games. It runs on windows 8.1 but don't expect to be able to run any intense games cuz it runs on Intel atom. It's basically a tablet but more useful. Idk if its really good or not but should be good for school and games.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/aspireswitch10

There are really great ones coming out soon with the new Intel processors that are tablets and two in ones.

Here is an anandtech article for the m processors and some two in ones that will come out soon.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8475/intels-core-m-strategy-cpu-specifications-for-9mm-fanless-tablets

I would persoanlly go with the Sony Xperia Z. The display is beautiful 1920x1200 (TFT), it has the latest version of android, it has really nice specs, and it's quite inexpensive. 

PC: Ryzen 2600X, EVGA 1080 DT, Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi, Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold, Phanteks &nbsp;Enthoo EVOLV ATX

Peripherals: Logitech G502 HERO, Cooler Master ML510, Corsair K68 Cherry MX Red, Dell S2417DG YNY1D 24" 165HZ G-Sync 1440p, Acer XF251Q, 

Audio: AKG K7XX, JBL SLR308 MKI, Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen), Sony MDR-7506, Shure SE-215, Audio-Technica AT2020
Server: Dell Poweredge T420 running ESXi, Hosting Plex and Automation services and misc. game servers; 2x Xeon E5-2400, 32GB ECC Memory, ~40TB Storage (Mix of SSDs and HDDs)
Network: Asus RT-AC3100 (Current), Supermicro running pfsense, 10/100/1000/10000 Netgear Switch