Someone update me on the new CPU's and Mobos?

Hey sexies, I have a question, I been gone for a month  working and heard/seen builds with the new intel processors and z97 motherboards? What's new about them and is there any new intel chip?

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Z97 is intel's new mainstream chipset, it is backwards compatible with z87 processors, but also accommodates the new haswell refresh, codename Devil's Canyon CPUs, as well as future Broadwell CPU support.

Other features include: sata express, m.2 support.

There's a lot of other improvements and changes, I could write an essay lol, but it's probably better if you have a look at some of the coverage from linus and others explaining all the new features the platform has to offer.

This article might help: http://www.techspot.com/review/816-intel-haswell-refresh-and-z97-platform/

Z97 was a minor update, native SATA express, blah blah blah who cares. Newer CPUs such as i5-4690K and i7-4790K have been released, better TIM blah blah blah.

BUT, are you aware X99 dropped? DDR4 support, $400 six core intels, 8 core extreme editions, awesome new mobos.

Z97 is intel's new mainstream chipset, it is backwards compatible with z87 processors, but also accommodates the new haswell refresh, codename Devil's Canyon CPUs, as well as future Broadwell CPU support.

There's a lot of other improvements and changes, If you're interested there's lots of coverage from linus and others explaining all the new features the platform has to offer.

Can I have a link? And I figured it was backwards compatible, cause I was on pcpartpicker and the haswell worked and I'm like waht?

Z97 was a minor update, native SATA express, blah blah blah who cares. Newer CPUs such as i5-4690K and i7-4790K have been released, better TIM blah blah blah.

BUT, are you aware X99 dropped? DDR4 support, $400 six core intels, 8 core extreme editions, awesome new mobos.

I wasn't aware, all the good stuff drop when I'm working, God, I hope I could live off ramen

some dope shit happened, period.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Can I have a link? And I figured it was backwards compatible, cause I was on pcpartpicker and the haswell worked and I'm like waht?

Sure, I've also added a link to an article in my original post.