Define R4 & 240mm AIO Woes...

This morning I finally got my 240mm AIO installed into the top of my R4. However to do this I had to remove the sound dampening stuff they put in the top of the case. The noise added from removing this was simply too much so, I unscrewed the rad and put the covers back in. Currently the radiator is just sitting in the bottom of the case. So, I was wondering if there was any reason I can't just ghetto mod some way of hanging the rad behind the top 5.25 in. drive bays? Or, should I just return the AIO to my local fry's and hold out for some better 140mm AIO to put in the back exhaust spot. Mind you I paid $50 for it new in box so I think anything else will really cost me at least 2x as much. Is there any potential harm done by hanging it vertically?

Thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Turn the fans down?

They're just noisy. I turned they down to as low they would go but via the companion software 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

They're just noisy. I turned they down to as low they would go but via the companion software 

i think he meant fans facin into case for more clearence

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

New Noctuas instead?

Yeah, 50$ for a 240mm aio? I wouldn't be surprised if they cheaped out on fans

New Noctuas instead?

How much are the cheapest pressure optimized noctua's? (I'm a college student D: )

instali n front?

Tubing is to short.

Yeah, 50$ for a 240mm aio? I wouldn't be surprised if they cheaped out on fans

Clearance + rebate, It's an Asetek unit with Thermaltake  99CFM fans... loud as **** even at 50%. They put my reference 290 to shame...

Clearance + rebate, It's an Asetek unit with Thermaltake  99CFM fans... loud as **** even at 50%. They put my reference 290 to shame...

Ah, I see, I don't know the politics of Fry, but often, if it's on clearance, there's no refund.

Ah, I see, I don't know the politics of Fry, but often, if it's on clearance, there's no refund.

bad word choice on my part I meant sale. But yeah, the fans are cheap

Hanging it won't somehow damage the unit right? As long as the tubing isn't being strained?