HD8 DJ

Tonylu1595

Sennheiser momentum then? Or Sony MDR 1R? I'm trying to get a MDR 1R myself but need to sell my momentums first. 

MDR-1R, the only closed headphone that made me drool because of the sound....

MDR-1R, the only closed headphone that made me drool because of the sound....

Buy my momentums so I can get the 1R! Although I might just get a 1/4in to 1/8in adapter and use my TH600 as portable headphones. Although those are $600 so...maybe not the best idea to be lugging them around lol. 

The 1R costs, 180, the custom one pros cost 200, the momentum costs 300 and the DJ costs 390, but which one sounds the best? Aparently the 1R from your responses but its the cheapest.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

And TBH, Beats Solos might actually be OK. They're nowhere as shitty as they once were.

They're still plastic tho.

The 1R costs, 180, the custom one pros cost 200, the momentum costs 300 and the DJ costs 390, but which one sounds the best? Aparently the 1R from your responses but its the cheapest.

Please don't fall into that pit, the pit of 'more expensive = absolutely better'. While it works in some cases, there are a lot of factors to be kept in mind, such as:

- that assumption (more expensive = better) works mostly in cases of the same brand. For example, a $500 headphone from Sennheiser is most probably better than a $300 Sennheiser headphone. One exception is when it's compared to their headsets, which are a bit ridiculously overpriced

- most definitely doesn't work in some cases, like if you compare a $300 beats, with a $300 HE-400, you'll laugh spontaneously at the sound difference they make.

- 'better' in audio is very subjective to each individual and their preferences. 

They're still plastic tho.

Ironically, the angled-drivered Sennheisers that get your scrotum all tight happen to be made of plastic, too.

surely, one of them will be more "Accurate" with their sound and sound better

K70 RGB

If by accurate you mean that you want a headphone with a neutral sound signature then I would advise you to stay away from the HD8s. They definitely can be run off of a cellphone though.

Define "accurate". "Better" can be subjective.

Ironically, the angled-drivered Sennheisers that get your scrotum all tight happen to be made of plastic, too.

Since when has an angled-driver Sennheiser gotten my scrotum tight?

650's are what flick my tick, and they don't have angled drivers. Still plenty of plastic tho.

Since when has an angled-driver Sennheiser gotten my scrotum tight?

650's are what flick my tick, and they don't have angled drivers. Still plenty of plastic tho.

Oh, you've mentioned a few times how angled drivers make for better soundstage, specifically in reference to the 5xx series.

By accurate i mean closest to what it is meant to be heard as.

K70 RGB

Well yes, but even that is a very murky territory. No headphone is perfect, so how are we going to decide which headphone is closer to reality? By subjective listening tests? By only measurements? And measurements are tricky too, with all the gear, a mockup of our heads, and trying to adjust the frequency response data to the way our ears work.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Will the HD8 DJ work with the iPhone 5? Will the iPhone 5 produce enough power? Will it sound at least decent enough?

he said in his review video: "and with an iphone 4 i was able to go louder than im really comfortable with"

watch the vid at 7.07

Again, subjective and hard to do with a headphone. The overall point here is that cost does not equate to sound quality.

I was going to go with the custom one pros but then I heard from a review that the mids are lacking in them.

K70 RGB

Ah well my dad bought the custom one pros so I guess that the end of discussion.

K70 RGB