HD8 DJ

Tonylu1595

Will the HD8 DJ work with the iPhone 5? Will the iPhone 5 produce enough power? Will it sound at least decent enough?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Probably not, considering a lot of integrated sound cards, on even motherboards, have trouble running it, without a DAC. 

Diamond 5 in League :)

Probably not, considering a lot of integrated sound cards, on even motherboards, have trouble running it, without a DAC. 

Do you mean a sufficient amp? Anything that plays digital music files has a DAC.

I'm personally not sure but the iPhone does have a pretty good amp. If not, you could get something like a Fiio E6.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

You will have tons of trouble running it without a DAC because you won't get audio. Onboard and sound cards have both an amp and a dac. I'm pretty sure the DJs will run on a cell phone. Linus is enamored with them and I'm pretty sure he's not going to use an external amp for them. He listens to top 40 pop and I bet he runs them with his cell phone. Sensitivity looks pretty high to me.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Probably, but that begs for the question why you are buying these headphones.

Probably, but that begs for the question why you are buying these headphones.

Whose to assume that he is buying them? He may already have bought them, or he may have been gifted them.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Whose to assume that he is buying them? He may already have bought them, or he may have been gifted them.

It was the most optimistic Ass Umption.

But the thing is with iDevices, they're pretty crazy about 'conserving battery charges'. For example, with IOS 6.x, they dropped the max current out from the camera connection kit, from 100mA to about 20mA, because they want to make sure their battery can run the device for quite a long time before needing a recharge. 

I can't find any specs/articles about the headphone out's max voltage and/or currents, but I've tried plugging the same headphone to my ipad 3 and my friend's galaxy, and the galaxy could go louder. 

How fail can such an expensive phone possibly be? My shitty 2008 netbook that can barely run Chrome and my crappy cell phone all run my HD800s at loud levels beyond what the normal person should use. And my HD800 is less sensitive than the DJs. Even the LCDX can be driven very loudly on a phone.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

It was the most optimistic Ass Umption.

BUTT what happens now!? Hehehe.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

How fail can such an expensive phone possibly be? My shitty 2008 netbook that can barely run Chrome and my crappy cell phone all run my HD800s at loud levels beyond what the normal person should use. And my HD800 is less sensitive than the DJs.

That's because you got super hearing..... :wub:

But yeah, worst come to worst, nothing a simple E6 couldn't fix....

That's because you got super hearing..... :wub:

But yeah, worst come to worst, nothing a simple E6 couldn't fix....

I think it's been stated that they can run well off a phone. They aren't particularly sensitive or impedance high/low. It was the HD6 that was higher impedance.

BUTT what happens now!? Hehehe.

We wait for the "audiophiles" to REAR their ugly heads.

If you don't think they are good, then what is a good option that may or may not be cheaper.

K70 RGB

How about ones that actually look good since i will be using these in school.

K70 RGB

Well ok, I agree with you on the looks department.  :( Me, I've stopped caring what other people think about how I look. Makes things easier. Hmm... will DT990s work? They should be a bit harder to drive than the DJs though.

Although, if looks are important and you dig the look. I think the DJs might be back on the table.

Hey Tony have you considered the V-moda m100, beyerdynamic custom one pros or the ath pro 700mk2?

Hey Tony have you considered the V-moda m100, beyerdynamic custom one pros or the ath pro 700mk2?

Trew. Vmodas.

And TBH, Beats Solos might actually be OK. They're nowhere as shitty as they once were. Or Sennheiser Momentums. But if we're getting into this side of the headphone section, the DJs are acceptable as well. I think all four of them are decent looking with a fun sound.

Inb4hate

I don't like the Vmodas because they have sharp angles and a polygon shape instead of a circle/oval, which I don't like. The ath pro 700mk2 look too heavy and thick and bulky. Not dependent to cost, would the HD8 DJ or the Custom one pros sound better/better features? Leaning toward the custom one pros because it states that they can be run on a phone.

K70 RGB