I like overclocking and gaming

Jedicake

But I don't like the red color on Asus' ROG boards :(

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

But I don't like the red color on Asus' ROG boards :(

You don't need to have a "gaming" board. What colour do you like? And what CPU are you thinking of getting? (I'm assuming you're upgrading the build in your description, which by the way probably doesn't need a CPU upgrade if you're gaming).

You don't need to have a "gaming" board. What colour do you like? And what CPU are you thinking of getting? (I'm assuming you're upgrading the build in your description, which by the way probably doesn't need a CPU upgrade if you're gaming).

Would actually like a blue themed motherboard, or complete black, and I'm getting a 4790k soon.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Then you have three option

1 - Pick another motherboard manufacturer which allows overclocking and gaming functions you want.

2 - Spray paint the motherboard so it doesn't have the red colour scheme.

3 - Don't have a windowed side panel so you don't have to see it...

Would actually like a blue themed motherboard, or complete black, and I'm getting a 4790k soon.

Do note that brown PCB's are black in 90% of cases. The 10% of cases where they aren't black is when a white light is shined directly upon them. 

So brown should be acceptable in place of black imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

3 - Don't have a windowed side panel so you don't have to see it...

WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT

Then get a blue MSI board..

Do note that brown PCB's are black in 90% of cases. The 10% of cases where they aren't black is when a white light is shined directly upon them. 

So brown should be acceptable in place of black imo.

Ah you make a good point.

I might go with the z97 pro

hoping the gold on the board isn't super noticeable

get the ROG black edition :D 

Im telling you, windowless side panel would make it un-noticeable...

This is a personal opinion but almost my whole entire rig building philosophy is the look of it :P

I appreciate the help though.

Then get a blue MSI board..

Ugh, I guess I shouldn't judge MSI as a whole just from ONE defunct board I had. Screw it I'll get the very good priced MSI board. Thank you, AlwaysFSX.

Ugh, I guess I shouldn't judge MSI as a whole just from ONE defunct board I had. Screw it I'll get the very good priced MSI board. Thank you, AlwaysFSX.

MSI's high end boards are stable for your needs and their RMA process hasn't been sounding like castration with a rusty spoon so you should be covered.

"Gaming" term with motherboards and ram is more about marketing than actual features. Currently Gaming is same as Overclocking, with more LEDs added.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Rampage IV Black Edition

The most expensive board you can find... There are a stocks, msis, gigabytes...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

B..b..but ASUS!!

Asus makes one good board in a generation and is self entitled enough to start acting elitist for it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]