ill be wearing glasses from now on. any tips?

cluelessgenius

hey guys 

so a couple of days ago i went to a local company ("fielmann"). (they sell glasses)

i wanted to ask if theres something for stressed eyes. till then i thought my eys were fine i just got headaches and my eyes would hurt from sitting infront of the monitor all day long. i so i asked if they they some some sort glasses that relief stress levels from my eyes. turns out they also do free tests to see if you need glasses anyway the point being i do need glasses and ill be getting them shortly.

does somebody have some input on what i have to look forward to. im interested in expierences from people who already wear glasses. 

Whats inportant? What problems do you have? Any Expirience really.

thanks in advance

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

cleaning is a pain in the butt.

that's all.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I used to wear glasses. It's a little odd at first, but after a while you'll just get used to it and won't notice it anymore. A bit like wearing a watch, it just becomes something you put on and don't really think about after a while. 

Just be careful where you leave them, I broke mine so many times by leaving them somewhere I shouldn't have xD You can't really lie down to watch a movie or read as they'll come off if you rest the back of your head on a pillow, and it's uncomfortable if you're on your side. 

that's all.

Mostly that. Also sunglasses are expensive as hell. I have had glasses for over 10 years but since a short while I have contacts and it's great. Colors look a bit better, I have a wider FOV and I don't have to worry about it breaking while sporting anymore. I also like the look of it better but that's subjective.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Lenses. glasses makes you look like a nerd but with lenses you can have white eyes. O.o 

that's all.

No it's not just always have a loose sleeved shirt/over shirt on and you're good all day.

but my main tip is get yourself a good set of mini screw drivers some times the arms get loose or at least they do on mine.

Drinking or eating something hot is a terrible experience.

Lenses. glasses makes you look like a nerd but with lenses you can have white eyes. O.o 

rather look like a nerd than looking like a freaking deamon

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Drinking or eating something hot is a terrible experience.

how is drinking a terrible experience

It's not hard to wear glasses.  <_<

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

how is drinking a terrible experience

He means glasses can sometimes fog over with really hot drinks or soup or the like

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

He means glasses can sometimes fog over with really hot drinks or soup or the like

ohh i get it ok could have thought of that sure thanks for clarification

that's all.

because you have to do it so ften or because its so hard to do?

Get contact lenses if your eyes can handle it. They are much much more convenient and comfortable.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I wear glasses from day one i was born. yep....

1. dont put glasses down on a surface it will scratch the glass.

2. clean with a micro-sloth DONT use your own clothing, also leaves micro scratches. you get these microfiber cloth from your local company.

3. a case for you glasses is also nice but i dont use them for years.

4. small screwdriver for some self repairs (cant live without it)

Mostly that. Also sunglasses are expensive as hell. I have had glasses for over 10 years but since a short while I have contacts and it's great. Colors look a bit better, I have a wider FOV and I don't have to worry about it breaking while sporting anymore. I also like the look of it better but that's subjective.

actually i like how glasses look but maybe after some years ill get sick of it too and move to contacts who knows

Get contact lenses if your eyes can handle it. They are much much more convenient and comfortable.

sticking something in my eye creeps me out a little

I wear glasses from day one i was born. yep....

1. dont put glasses down on a surface it will scratch the glass.

2. clean with a micro-sloth DONT use your own clothing, also leaves micro scratches. you get these microfiber cloth from your local company.

3. a case for you glasses is also nice but i dont use them for years.

4. small screwdriver for some self repairs (cant live without it)

so ill have to be scared of scratching the glass all the time? shit i thought in times of gorilla glass and the likes it couldnt be that hard to make scratch resistant glasses

so ill have to be scared of scratching the glass all the time? shit i thought in times of gorilla glass and the likes it couldnt be that hard to make scratch resistant glasses

They aren't THAT soft, I clean mine all the time with just a clean shirt and it's perfectly fine. And you should be wearing them most of the time anyway, not leaving them around the place to get scuffed on tables and crap. Maybe ask about different lens types, they come in different treatments and such a lot of the time.

Personally I HATE lenses as well.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Hardness of glass is HARD you are not going to scratch it easily.

example when you are going to sleep most people will put there glasses down on to the surface. not good.

because you have to do it so ften or because its so hard to do?

Because you have to do so.

As a person that has been wearing glasses for roughly 19 years (since I was 2 years old) 

I can tell you the two most crucial things are 

1. Don't break them. Put them in a case when you are not using them. I've broken my glasses at least 20 times. :/

2. Clean them. Just clean them every morning and you are good to go. 

sticking something in my eye creeps me out a little

Speaking from experience glasses weigh down on my nose too much it hurts my nose after couple of hours.

And the FOV on them isn't very high no matter how big the glass parts actually are. And if I lay down on a pillow on my side glasses will push against my nose from the that side. Uncomfortable.

With contact lenses it's hard to get use to inserting them but you get better at it. It depends on the eye, some eyes can't handle lenses you should ask a doctor they can test it.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Get one of the glasses repair kits spare screws, pads and the screwdriver are awesome to have.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Just be careful where you leave them, I broke mine so many times by leaving them somewhere I shouldn't have xD You can't really lie down to watch a movie or read as they'll come off if you rest the back of your head on a pillow, and it's uncomfortable if you're on your side. 

This. Don't leave your glasses everywhere. For cheap ones yeah, they can be replaced often, but some better quality ones can become one heck of a bill if you accidentally break them. I haven't worn glasses (although ones made for myopics do help my left eye, not the right one though), but I've experienced replacing someones glasses due to me punching that guy in the face in anger after he tried to strangle me. The final bill was 60€ for the new glasses, good that it wasn't anything bigger.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

are they made of of glasse or plastic?

Glasse doesn't really take any damage other than from falling from a height(no scratches)

Plastic is "shock resistant" but will suffer from a few micro scratches if you rub it over a surface, it is also lighter.

I have plastic ones since I am 6.

When you get them reduce your on screen time abit, it takes your brain/eye about 72 hours to figure out what happened.

If they are positioned right on your nose and ear you will not notice them at anytime(unless you think about it ::D). If it feels uncomfortable after a few days. Go back to the place where you bought them and they will adjust them for you. If the contact surface is deep red or hurts slightly they are not adjusted properly. 

I still would recommend you lenses for the summer time(sunglasses) or sport activities.(daones cost about 07c/day)

If you take off your glasses your sight will be way worse than it was without glasses before(72 hours cooldown)

Just clean them after you shower every day and you are fine and for a quick cleaning just use your shirt(cotton cloth works best).

You will not notice micro scratches or small fingerprints.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder