Best Headset (Headphone + mic) for $100

Dobby2719

My current pair is the Tritton Kunai Wirelesses and they just broke. I have a ticket with Tritton about fixing the issue but I'm fed up with them now considering this is my 4th Tritton product to break in the last 2 years. I spent $100 on the Trittons so that is how much I would like to spend on these new ones. The only problem is I have NO idea what I'm doing when it comes to Headsets so I need some help picking the best bang-for-your-buck Headset for around $100. I plan to be doing mostly gaming with them but the built in mic is necessary because I play with friends and like to use the push to talk function in most games. Thanks in advance!

ATH-M20x + Modmic 4.0

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My current pair is the Tritton Kunai Wirelesses and they just broke. I have a ticket with Tritton about fixing the issue but I'm fed up with them now considering this is my 4th Tritton product to break in the last 2 years. I spent $100 on the Trittons so that is how much I would like to spend on these new ones. The only problem is I have NO idea what I'm doing when it comes to Headsets so I need some help picking the best bang-for-your-buck Headset for around $100. I plan to be doing mostly gaming with them but the built in mic is necessary because I play with friends and like to use the push to talk function in most games. Thanks in advance!

If you don't mind getting a headset, I would highly recommend the HyperX Cloud priced at ~$80. Also take a look at my friends review of them. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/209358-kingston-hyperx-cloud-headset-full-review/

If you have to get a pair of headphones and a microphone, Do you prefer open or closed back headphones? Open meaning you and the people around you will be able to hear what you're hearing(Sound leakage) and also less bass. Closed is the opposite of open.

Do you play games competitively? First person shooters and want to hear the footsteps.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014