Wakie Alarm App Review!

Tocsin_786

Before i start please go read this LTT post.

I was the official LTT guinea pig for this app...

The App is unlike any other alarm clock app. We all have our favorites whether it is Timely(which my my fav,) or stock, or anything we want. there are thousands of alarm clock apps for the 3 major os's. this app is different from all of them, unlike a traditional alarm clock app that you set the time and tune for. this is is similar in that way, you do set a time to wake up but you dont choose a tune (unless you count your ringtone a tune). the way you wake up with this app is that a random person from the opposite gender calls you to wake up up. 

So i tried it. i set a time on my s3 for 10 min. earlier so i can record the convo. but the app is brutal, not that it doesnt do what is advertised. somone called me at 10:26 AM 4 min. before my alarm was set on. which in a way is good. it kinda tells me that there is no bot on the other end.  the caller ID said 800 service number, so i dont think any minutes were used (even though i have unlimited). the app sucked because of the people who called me. there isnt a user base for this app right now, there are only a couple thousand downloads. I got a call from some crappy person in india(brutal for spam calls and stuff like that), im not trying to be racist about the fact that they were Indian or something. the thing that bothered me was that they couldnt speak English correctly. this is how the conversation went... "me: hello.. them: hello: Me: hows it going, them :fbasdgjhsdvbkejhvgblihfvbdhcblihvbser"  i gotta give credit where credit is due.. that did wake me up and not for the reasons you think. i was hoping i would have someone who atleast knew how to speak call me. id rather have a guy who lied about their gender in the app call me than that crazy person (unless they were just like the indian person) so i woke up, went on the screen that shows the list of people i can wake up. i wanted to get both sides of the story. the information on the app says you can call internationally, and yes i did get someone internationally to call me. there are 7 billion people in the world and i cant call 1 of the 2-3 thousand who downloaded this app? its not like i was trying to wake someone up at an abnormal time. if its 10:30 AM in NY right now. its 6:30 in LA. i couldnt call a single person in the US let alone the world. 

Thoughts:

personally i wanna give it another go, its a young app and i think as soon as more people download this app 2 things will happen... you will get more creeps (lying about gender) and there will be a wide enough player base for you to have fun with this app. i am going to try the app again next week and i recommend you all try it too on a day off (dont mess up your work days). i think the app has potential and i would love to see it grow. i did say i will record the conversation. but it wasn't worth recording or else you would all be def by now 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Nice colours

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Nice colours

just making it more appealing  B)

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Well it is a new idea, once more people start using it, it might become a new standard. Although I wouldn't use it, too unreliable IMO.

Although I like the review, the use of colors is a bit excessive, just do the title of each paragraph with a color, or high light important bits, like TopWar and that Dietrich guy have been doing (also some others as well)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Well it is a new idea, once more people start using it, it might become a new standard. Although I wouldn't use it, too unreliable IMO.

Although I like the review, the use of colors is a bit excessive, just do the title of each paragraph with a color, or high light important bits, like TopWar and that Dietrich guy have been doing (also some others as well)

it was my first post on the news section so yea thanks for the advice. will do 

the information on the app says you can call internationally, and yes i did get someone internationally to call me. there are 7 billion people in the world and i cant call 1 of the 2-3 thousand who downloaded this app? its not like i was trying to wake someone up at an abnormal time. if its 10:30 AM in NY right now. its 6:30 in LA. i couldnt call a single person in the US let alone the world.

Does not really work that way in fairness. There will be restrictions on who you can call based off gender and age plus there are restrictions on which countries its available in and so on. When you read through the Google App Store comments you can see people complaining about this, which is a fair complaint. But again it is an early project. 

There app has an automated call that will call you and wake you up if no one is available to call you so you are covered there

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly