DayZ Losing faith

Jz1

had big hopes for this game, it just seems as if it will never fully be there, although they have made some progress, for the amount of time its been out, just uhh not feeling the connection anymore.

what are your thoughts?

or what other similar game do you have your hopes on, I hope h1z1 won't disappoint. 

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

Yeah, wish I'd never bought it tbh, lots of better things I could have bought for £20.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I had about all the DayZ any normal human could handle between the Mod to the SA version. I put probably thousands of hours into the Mod itself and by the time the SA early access came around I was burned out on the concept of the game. I ended up only putting about 100 hours into it before uninstalling and never looking back.

The game is taking too long to develop tbh. Also, the game engine sucks more than my dyson. 

I've moved onto 7 Days To Die for now, only got it last week so i've yet to learn the ropes.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Wait for DX11 and the new engine, all will be good then.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I don't think it's a new engine I think they are modifying the current one

DayZ is currently on a modified version of the RV3 engine used by Arma II, they're essentially moving to a new engine called Enfusion because of how heavily they are rewriting the RV3 engine which will make it capable of using DX11.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I want them to improve gpu utilization most games peg my gpu at 99 percent but on dayz it never goes past 60 percent meanwhile I have 30 fps

That and CPU core utilisation should be in development after the move to DX11.

Wait for DX11 and the new engine, all will be good then.

Im not waiting anymore, they had their chance and they blew it. Let the better games zombie games take over that deserve awareness now.

I still enjoy it a lot. The updates are annoyingly slow, and they often just break things, but I still enjoy the game. It's much better if you play with a friend.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Im not waiting anymore, they had their chance and they blew it. Let the better games zombie games take over that deserve awareness now.

There are no games that could take the place of DayZ at the moment. You've given up on a game that isn't even out of Alpha yet?

Its all about http://playrust.com'>RUST for me.

The devs have been working really hard on it and it has been coming along nicely.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

It's been like what, 2 years or so?

And it seems the game more or less is still in the exact same place it was when I saw it all that time ago.

If anything, the most unfortunate thing is that it's an entry into the tiring circlejerk of zombies in the past decade, so atop an already excessively depleted genre, people are going to burn themselves out on DayZ and thus when a good game comes around the corner that actually successfully delivers on the concept it'll be panned because people will have had enough.

This is why alpha titles are bad, early access, beta, it's all just horrible.

And didn't they announce it for console?

It'll get finished.

It'll get finished.

And when it is, all but the few "hardcore" PC players will have moved on. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if most already have. I certainly have.

True, it's still in Alpha. Yes it's going to be buggy and take time to develop. But issues that were present on launch last December are still present today. Adding some new items or emotes don't make up for zombies that still magically walk through walls, or that fall through the ground, become invisible and chase you until you are dead.

I'll give it a chance again in another 6 months, but at this rate I'm expecting more of the same.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

It'll get finished.

And when it is, all but the few "hardcore" PC players will have moved on. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if most already have. I certainly have.

True, it's still in Alpha. Yes it's going to be buggy and take time to develop. But issues that were present on launch last December are still present today. Adding some new items or emotes don't make up for zombies that still magically walk through walls, or that fall through the ground, become invisible and chase you until you are dead.

I'll give it a chance again in another 6 months, but at this rate I'm expecting more of the same.

Yeah, spot on.

It's hard to keep an audience during such a long Alpha, and most people not willing to buy the unfinished work will have forgotten/moved on by the time 1.0 is released.

It's certainly made me disinterested.

I've been getting back into epoch. SA is a waste of time

Its all about those volumetric clouds

they had their chance?

Do you know it is an Alpha?

It would be a chance to show that the game itself is a working concept

That is the meaning of Alpha, it is far from reliably usable, but you can get the feeling what will be the final product

they had their chance?

Do you know it is an Alpha?

It would be a chance to show that the game itself is a working concept

That is the meaning of Alpha, it is far from reliably usable, but you can get the feeling what will be the final product

The thing is, I cant picture them solving certain issues such as zombies and simply some physics of the game, take a look at the mod, zombies are still buggy. All the code doesn't even fit together, there's always problem after problem. And I know its alpha, I want to see the game succeed but I just don't see it happening.