So... I bought 2 sets of Apple EarPods...

terrytek

I bought them off Ebay, and they were the next best thing if I can't afford over or on ear headphones (hate me all you want, I'm keeping them). So, I tried one of them out, and the results were pretty poor. Only sound was coming out of the left pod, which was odd. And these EarPods were for my computer only. Is there something I didn't set up in Windows? Also, is it possible to program the two-click-skip on the inline controls to work with Spotify? Also, the inline volume control doesn't work either. Is it because I am using a Windows?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Are you sure they're legitimate? The earpods that came with my 5C work normally on PC and Mac, but the inline controls only work for iTunes on my Macbook.

If you are getting sound out of one ear then I assume that one of the sides are broken

Are you sure they're legitimate? The earpods that came with my 5C work normally on PC and Mac, but the inline controls only work for iTunes on my Macbook.

Yeah.

LOL

Shut up.

you intimidate me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Since you bough them off ebay, they might not work well, or your audio ports isn't working well. 

Since you bough them off ebay, they might not work well, or your audio ports isn't working well. 

Well, I tested them and they worked in both pods when I tried them out and then a few moments later, one goes out. I think it's set to mono. And my audio ports are just fine.

Well, I tested them and they worked in both pods when I tried them out and then a few moments later, one goes out. I think it's set to mono. And my audio ports are just fine.

set to mono forces a single stream through both channels, not both to one.

if your ports are fine and you know how to plug things in, it's 97% chance that the other driver dead already or the cable is fuckey. 

Error: 410

if one goes out then it could be something wrong with the wiring of those pods, i'd learned my mistake by buying a lighting cable off of ebay and a few weeks later it broke, bought a griffin cable instead and still works great and what @helping said.

Many possible factors, such as you might have gotten counterfeit pairs. But assuming you weren't, do you have an idevice to confirm they're working or not?

One possible thing is that the earpods are using TRRS plug, while most (if not all) PC use standard TRS jacks. In some cases this is not a problem, in other cases, there are problems like yours, one side is not sounding. 

TRRS.GIF

Try getting a TRRS to TRS splitter adapter, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-MUYHSFMM-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1409899883&sr=8-4&keywords=trrs+to+trs+adapter

and see if that solves your problem.

-snip-

I just tried that on my PC with headphone that have that plug. Works fine. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I just tried that on my PC with headphone that have that plug. Works fine. 

Next, try the earpods on an idevice. Android phones have TRRS jacks as well, but depending on the phone, the polarity might mismatch. So it's best to try it on an idevice.

Alternatively, just get the splitter adapter. If it turns out that it's the earpod itself that's faulty, well, just keep the adapter for future use.

Next, try the earpods on an idevice. Android phones have TRRS jacks as well, but depending on the phone, the polarity might mismatch. So it's best to try it on an idevice.

Alternatively, just get the splitter adapter. If it turns out that it's the earpod itself that's faulty, well, just keep the adapter for future use.

My guess after testing this out is, that either is motherboard or the headphones are causing the issues, because the apple ones from my dad work everywhere. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Many possible factors, such as you might have gotten counterfeit pairs. But assuming you weren't, do you have an idevice to confirm they're working or not?

One possible thing is that the earpods are using TRRS plug, while most (if not all) PC use standard TRS jacks. In some cases this is not a problem, in other cases, there are problems like yours, one side is not sounding. 

TRRS.GIF

Try getting a TRRS to TRS splitter adapter, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-MUYHSFMM-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1409899883&sr=8-4&keywords=trrs+to+trs+adapter

and see if that solves your problem.

Hmm, that might work. But I don't know if they are faulty because I don't have an iDevice, sadly.

There are too many connections for audio that do almost the same exact thing.

Every industry does it.