Should we Ban religious topics?

Jack.EXE

Only ban topics when they become hateful to an extreme.

That's more or less how it is now. If things degrade too far the mods will simply lock it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No, you just call it Evolution, and you stop using it as a consideration of a belief system, because it's not a belief system and it's not up for debate.

Evolution is a fact whether someone believes it or not.

Same as the Sky is Blue, and the Earth revolves around the sun, and that you're a human being of the natural Earth.

A Scientific theory is not something simply up to question. The wording "theory" in a scientific sense is not a questionable. A scientific theory is a set of observations and laws of the natural universe that have been verified and cited by source and supported by data. It is the practical application of education in a scientific matter to state the natural behaviors before we consider them absolute laws of nature.

The usage of Theory in standard speech is used to demean and undermind the factual status of scientific theory, so please do not refer to it as "Theory" because Gravity is "just a theory" and I sure as hell don't see you jumping out of a building telling me "it's just a theory."

However,some stars we see at night are long gone.

We see them,but they don't exist anymore(at least in that form).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That's more or less how it is now. If things degrade too far the mods will simply lock it.

Yeah, I know and I really like that, people should be able to debate if they want to, and if they don't want to, they can either not post, just leave, respectfully ask someone else to leave,

or block them.

However,some stars we see at night are long gone.

We see them,but they don't exist anymore(at least in that form).

Yes but that is due to distance and the limit of speed on light. Evolution has nearly nothing to do with that. Thus your arguement is invalid.

Yes but that is due to distance and the limit of speed on light. Evolution has nearly nothing to do with that. Thus your arguement is invalid.

Not everything is as it seems.

That was my point.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I don't see the need most of the time you can have reasonable discussion. This forum is fine it just has a few idiots on it who derail like crazy.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Please, do elaborate.

What's left to elaborate?

Pretty much,we'll never know for certain.

I've never seen Christianity compared to Islam before. maybe christianity compared to atheistism? 

But I don't see a problem with these topics. If they get derailed mods will just delete it and it will come up a month later again.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

As with most things, they're fine if done responsibly. This is a forum, it should be open to discussion by definition. The coc covers everything that classifies as "getting out of hand" already, so I don't see the need for more moderation on the subjects discussed.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

perhaps we should have a section for controversy, with some sort of restriction (like reputation)

I really like this idea. Can stop people that have just made accounts from spamming and allows a way for controversial topics to be discussed.

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

What's left to elaborate?

Pretty much,we'll never know for certain.

But our ancestors will (assuming that we don't all die out by then). We have evidence to support that there were other "forms" of humans millions of years ago, like the Neanderthals, while not 100% sure, most agree that they were an early form of human, so why couldn't other animals be our ancestors? Also, are you agnostic based on the we'll never know?

I've never seen Christianity compared to Islam before.

That's mostly because contrarily to common misconceptions they get along pretty well. Sure, there are some differences in views, but a lot of the core values are in common.

Christians vs Atheists happens often because there are more Christians that other religious people in western countries and there are plenty of Atheists too, and the basics are wildly different.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

People cant seem to have a proper discussion about it, thats for sure

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

But our ancestors will (assuming that we don't all die out by then). We have evidence to support that there were other "forms" of humans millions of years ago, like the Neanderthals, while not 100% sure, most agree that they were an early form of human, so why couldn't other animals be our ancestors? Also, are you agnostic based on the we'll never know?

But here's another question...what do we call "human"?

Would a "bag of meat" that looks just like us still be a human?

Or does our personality,thinking,etc, make us human.

We're the only species that has the concept of a question.

Oh,and I just remembered a quite common miss-conception in most people who believe in evolutionism(me included) : we haven't really evolved from monkeys,we and monkeys had a common ancestor.

And yes,agnostic.I do claim there exists a God,but I have no idea what/who that would be.It could simply be a concept,it could be something concrete,or could actually be everything,etc. etc.

But here's another question...what do we call "human"?

Would a "bag of meat" that looks just like us still be a human?

Or does our personality,thinking,etc, make us human.

We're the only species that has the concept of a question.

Oh,and I just remembered a quite common miss-conception in most people who believe in evolutionism(me included) : we haven't really evolved from monkeys,we and monkeys had a common ancestor.

And yes,agnostic.I do claim there exists a God,but I have no idea what/who that would be.It could simply be a concept,it could be something concrete,or could actually be everything,etc. etc.

Okay, I am also agnostic. I also believe there is a chance of a higher being perhaps a 4 dimensional being? Also, I did know about that "common" misconception however that means that there were more basic stages of evolution like single celled organisms. Going back to the 1st question, humans beings are of the genetic makeup of homosapiens. When that has changed a lot, we may call ourselves humans but we won't be homo sapiens.

Well I voted yes but I like reading the flame wars that Trik'Stari gets into so maybe not.

tumblr_inline_mt8irbeYxd1riwygg.gif

I vote yes, I can just as easily message someone if they want a religious flame war.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.