Should we Ban religious topics?

Jack.EXE

Creationism VS Evolutionism, Christianity VS Islam, Intel VS AMD (I jest), ect.

All these topics do is start flamewars, and I think it is effecting the health of the community.

I would love to talk about any of those topics in a mature, calm manor, but past the second page we riot.

I feel like even this topic is gonna explode with tons of religious people. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOU CANT JUST BAN THE LOVE OF GAWD"  idk

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Pretty much this. As long as it's civil, it should be fine.

There's a constant stream of "Intel vs AMD" threads with fanboys flaming on both sides, which usually doesn't get moderated. I don't see the difference between religious topics and that.

Speaking of that...

*secretly edits OP*

Should we ban all topics "x vs y",because everyone has an opinion to defend?

Don't think so.

Anything that gets out of hand should be banned locked though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Should we ban all topics "x vs y",because everyone has an opinion to defend?

Don't think so.

Anything that gets out of hand should be banned though.

So increase moderation of controversial topics?

I personally stopped believing in fairytales when i grew up.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOU CANT JUST BAN THE LOVE OF GAWD

@Tro made me do it..

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Nope. Discussion is always healthy as long as users do not take it as a personal insult and remain polite to each other.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOU CANT JUST BAN THE LOVE OF GAWD

@Tro made me do it..

lol

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Religious topics should be banned. Coming from Northern Ireland where to 2 prominent Religions are Protestant and Catholic and seeing what it can cause, Not only in my own country but in others as well. I think that it should either be banned or if discussed, the people who are talking about it should tread with caution. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

I don't like having religious topics on here, largely because of how much religion I have around me on a day to day basis, and don't want to come on here to try and get away from it just to find out people are arguing about it. Other flame wars annoy me, but I tend to leave them be because no doubt in most cases someone will be so controversial that the thread will be taken down.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I feel like even this topic is gonna explode with tons of religious people. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOU CANT JUST BAN THE LOVE OF GAWD"  idk

Being a Christian myself, I don't think this would be a problem.

I think most of us can hold a calm and mature conversation, but some bad apples here and there put those kind of threads up in flames.

I'd say keep them as long as posters choose their words wisely enough to not annoy / bash others.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I think most of us can hold a calm and mature conversation, but some bad apples here and there put those kind of threads up in flames.

I'd say keep them as long as posters choose their words wisely enough to not annoy / bash others.

perhaps we should have a section for controversy, with some sort of restriction (like reputation)

Being a Christian myself, I don't think this would be a problem.

I know, my post wasn't really meant seriously.. I have seen people on the internet who act that way though. But hey, It's the internet.

Unfortunately yes they should be. It has been made clear one-hundred times over that many members of the forum can't discuss with making it a fight.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

perhaps we should have a section for controversy, with some sort of restriction (like reputation)

That would work, but not much, if you ask me.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

On my site we've got a special area called Mature Discussion in which it is heavily moderated and flaming/arguing is not allowed. 

Just allowing people to debate the subjects instead of mindless arguing.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

and this contributes to THIS conversation how?

Because God is not real, and people need to grow up and stop believing in fairytales.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Well I voted yes but I like reading the flame wars that Trik'Stari gets into so maybe not.

Lol thanks? (not sure if your laughing at me or because of me lol)

I do not think that the debate should be banned. I do however wish we could close the book on "actually apple is reasonable" topics.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On my site we've got a special area called Mature Discussion in which it is heavily moderated and flaming/arguing is not allowed. 

Just allowing people to debate the subjects instead of mindless arguing.

All in favor?

I

Because God is not real, and people need to grow up and stop believing in fairytales.

My original question still stands.

Evolution isn't a belief system, It's scientific fact.

The phrase "Evolutionism" implies that it's a set or system of beliefs which is not.

This

Enough said.

This is a world of technology, information and science, not a world of spirits, ghosts and wizards.