Is making runs with acrylic tubing hard to do?

Planning my next build, so close to done! I'm not sure if I want to do acrylic tubing or regular. I'm afraid acrylic tubing bends may be very hard and frustrating, and expensive. Is it as hard as it looks?

It takes time, patience, and lots of frustration. But if you're dedicated and have lots of time, you can do it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yeah acrylic will be tough but it looks incredible this guy has a build series with it 

Yay! Jayztwocentz!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It is pretty hard and it'll take a bunch of time and effort. If you don't want to bend acrylic, you might want to look into elbow fittings and make straight runs

Planning my next build, so close to done! I'm not sure if I want to do acrylic tubing or regular. I'm afraid acrylic tubing bends may be very hard and frustrating, and expensive. Is it as hard as it looks?

I haven't found it too hard to do. I've done two builds with it now, and planning my third. I always get too much tubing, which for me is good. Better to have too much.

Bending isn't hard, as long you use the correct silicone insert for it. You can get the bending kits, but I've never used any of the mandrels i got. Still can't do a spiral yet. That bugs me.

Frozen CPU has a twelve pack 36 inch of the PEGT for $30 USD. Its really no more expensive that doing flexi tubing. I think its even a bit cheaper.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

It is pretty hard and it'll take a bunch of time and effort. If you don't want to bend acrylic, you might want to look into elbow fittings and make straight runs

I think that kinda spoils the look of it. But thats my opinion. Over use of fittings is just a waste of money. But then again, water cooling can be too. Each their own.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Yes but like all things, it gets easier the more you do it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.