Ever had a bad string of tech luck?

Menzenski

Phone my dad bought me despite me not wanting one in high school, but I kept it for emergency purposes, just did not work when I needed it. I was suspicious once when I couldn't call home to tell my parents I'd be back from uni orientation, but I thought it was bad reception or something - yeah, you're in downtown next to a well-known college, of course they'd have bad reception, idiot. Then there was a follow-up that didn't have an end time, so I thought I'd call my dad to pick me up - I don't know why, but I should have just paid for parking. Well, the stupid thing wouldn't work and apparently Verizon can mess with other services like Tracfone. Impatient and stubborn as I am after 3 dropped calls which my dad guessed meant that the follow-up was over, left and drove to where he dropped me off. I decided to walk home without keys, cash, or a working phone. I walked close to 5 miles before giving up - I'm not as fit as I used to be -, going to Subway, asking for a phone, calling home, and having my mom pick me up about a mile or 2 away from home. Also, I had to drive back to my dad to tell him to go home. Oh, did I mention the humid heat and the chance for a storm?

Well, I should have bought a phone by myself through my own goddamned research instead of relying on some cheap phone service. In case anyone's wondering, I don't know my way around phones that well. I'm still confused over 4G and 3G stuff.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Had 6 1TB drives fail over the course of about 6 months a while back, right around the time when the HDD factories flooded and prices sky rocketed, ended up loosing all my data in the end even though I had a server grade RAID 5 setup because I couldn't replace them fast enough -_- At least I learnt my lesson, JBOD + parity beats RAID hands down for home use and 2 parity drives is much better because rebuilds tend to make drives fail if they are that way inclined.

Phone my dad bought me despite me not wanting one in high school, but I kept it for emergency purposes, just did not work when I needed it. I was suspicious once when I couldn't call home to tell my parents I'd be back from uni orientation, but I thought it was bad reception or something - yeah, you're in downtown next to a well-known college, of course they'd have bad reception, idiot. Then there was a follow-up that didn't have an end time, so I thought I'd call my dad to pick me up - I don't know why, but I should have just paid for parking. Well, the stupid thing wouldn't work and apparently Verizon can mess with other services like Tracfone. Impatient and stubborn as I am after 3 dropped calls which my dad guessed meant that the follow-up was over, left and drove to where he dropped me off. I decided to walk home without keys, cash, or a working phone. I walked close to 5 miles before giving up - I'm not as fit as I used to be -, going to Subway, asking for a phone, calling home, and having my mom pick me up about a mile or 2 away from home. Also, I had to drive back to my dad to tell him to go home. Oh, did I mention the humid heat and the chance for a storm?

Well, I should have bought a phone by myself through my own goddamned research instead of relying on some cheap phone service. In case anyone's wondering, I don't know my way around phones that well. I'm still confused over 4G and 3G stuff.

If you can walk 5 miles, you're not that out of shape. I applaud you for walking that far

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Yes. And more.

My mom accidentally dropped my laptop in a running dishwasher.

My brother again dropped a screw inside my PSU and exploded it.

My brother kept kicking at my computer thinking it's a bomb.

My dad destroyed my front panel in a fit of rage.

My brother threw my iPhone at a wall and smashed it to bits.

I bought another one, but my brother threw it into the pool.

My brother tried to shoot my CPU into a basketball net as if it was a basketball or something.

Get the pattern?

omg kys

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Yes. And more.

My mom accidentally dropped my laptop in a running dishwasher.

My brother again dropped a screw inside my PSU and exploded it.

My brother kept kicking at my computer thinking it's a bomb.

My dad destroyed my front panel in a fit of rage.

My brother threw my iPhone at a wall and smashed it to bits.

I bought another one, but my brother threw it into the pool.

My brother tried to shoot my CPU into a basketball net as if it was a basketball or something.

Get the pattern?

Jesus Christ how are your family such cunts?   

Yap. I bought a PS3 when it launched. A year after it broke down, I sent it in to Sony and two weeks after I received another with its panels all dislodged and completely scratched.

Called Sony and sent it in again, received another and a week after the gpu fried. Sent it in again and received another. Sold it and then bought a newer PS3.

Sony. Not even once.

Didn't have much luck with the 360 too. My launch 360 broke down almost two years after, sent it in and received one with a faulty dvd drive.

At least the second one they sent me did actually work.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Laptop's OS went full retard. Recovery partition also went full retard. My 200mm fan won't fit right in my case that can use it. Skyrim CTDs 3 times before loading a save. All this happened in a 3 day span.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

First off try to spell you correctly. I promise you the first two letters don't take that much more effort to type. ;)

Secondly, mods generally cause Skyrim to crash through incorrect load order, incompatibility with other mods, or straight up not being made correctly. Having a 8 core $1000 cpu will not help in any of these scenarios. I am basing my statements off the experience I have gained in the hundreds upon hundreds of mods I have installed across the past three Elder Scrolls games not including TESO. Also Logan does a great deal of content creation and he did not buy that CPU for gaming.

Hope this clears that up. :)

Fair enough then, no need to be grammar nazi on the internet :) Ppl are different, dont make them all be the way u want it to be, it never works.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Fair enough then, no need to be grammar nazi on the internet :) Ppl are different, dont make them all be the way u want it to be, it never works.

I'm sorry for wanting people to be literate. My apologies. :P

I'm sorry for wanting people to be literate. My apologies. :P

Well, being a grammar nazi is @AMorassOfPixelz's job.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, being a grammar nazi is @AMorassOfPixelz's job.

I'm his new assistant ;)