Upgrade the i7-2600K?

Future Proofing defined:

Taking your money and putting it in a bank account = future proof

buying enthuast grade components = not future proof.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

What do you think of the AsRock Z77 Pro4? Not that expensive and has quite good reviews.. 

I wouldn't buy ASRock. Go for Gigabyte or Asus.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Yes i know that, but you was talking about upgrading your current i7. to 4790K

Which in my opinnion isn´t worth it.

Because like i said you also gonne need a more expensive Z97 board then, if you want more then 6 usb 3.0 ports.

6 usb 3.0 ports will be the max for your current setup.

If you need more usb 3.0, then you could concider pci-e addin cards.

What my advice is, grab the Asrock Z77 Extreme 6, and use an addin card.

Or grab the Asrock Z77 OC Formula with 6 usb 3.0 backports, and 1 usb 3.0 front header, makes 8 ports in total.

So maybe i didn't explain my needs tight. Sorry for that. I don't need 6 USB 3.0 ports.. i just need more than 6 USB ports in general. (For peripherals etc.)

2 or 4 USB 3.0 ports on the back are enough, as long there's a 3.0 header on the MoBo for the two on the front :)

Future Proofing defined:

Taking your money and putting it in a bank account = future proof

buying enthuast grade components = not future proof.

Tell that to the greece people ;)

I meant that I'll be able to buy a newer gen CPU for the same socket in a few years. 

I wouldn't buy ASRock. Go for Gigabyte or Asus.

ASRock has been know to be very good overclockers on the Z68 and Z77 chipsets, with a high quality power delivery. They are very well documented on overclock.net (many guides are written for these boards). Im running an ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 and i have nothing but good things to say so far. ASRock is very underrated. ASRock og Asus would be my recommendations.

The 2600K (and Sandy Bridge in general) are probably the best CPUs intel has released in a long time. The performance is still amazing. Most CPUs will hit 4.4ghz on stock voltage. Ivy Bridge and Haswell are not that much faster and by no means worth an upgrade. I have yet to find a game that is truly bottlenecked by my 2500k @ 4.7ghz.

ASRock has been know to be very good overclockers on the Z68 and Z77 chipsets, with a high quality power delivery. They are very well documented on overclock.net (many guides are written for these boards). Im running an ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 and i have nothing but good things to say so far. ASRock is very underrated. ASRock og Asus would be my recommendations.

The 2600K (and Sandy Bridge in general) are probably the best CPUs intel has released in a long time. The performance is still amazing. Most CPUs will hit 4.4ghz on stock voltage. Ivy Bridge and Haswell are not that much faster and by no means worth an upgrade. I have yet to find a game that is truly bottlenecked by my 2500k @ 4.7ghz.

What MoBo are you rocking?