[Solved] Trying to find an old PS2 game...

I'm looking for an old game for the PS2 that I played a long time ago. Thing is, I cannot remember the name. It's literally always on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember it. Let me try and describe it:

It's a game where you have a car (everything is futuristic) and you pick up weapons that are mounted on the front left or right of your vehicle. You then use those weapons to try and destroy your opponents, obviously. It isn't racing - it's like a "showdown" game. There are a number of maps, which range from small to medium then to large. There are three specific maps that I remember - one small, medium and large. The small map was like an ancient Maya style map, the medium was an airport map and the large was a space station map. There's more maps, but that's all I can remember. There might be an aircraft carrier map too.

If I recall properly, each vehicle you could choose was paired with a character, like Power Drome and Destruction Derby Arenas. Also, if I recall properly, the gravity was low or low in certain maps and the control setup was a little odd, in that the brake and gas controls were for some reason bound to different buttons compared to most other driving based games.

For some reason I keep thinking of the game as being called Power Drome, but Power Drome is a completely different game, which I have. I'm really sorry that I can't provide much else for details, but I want to try and see if anyone else may know of this game. And, even though the description I gave is somewhat similar to Rumble Racing, it's not that one. But I do know that this mystery game is similar to Rumble Racing, Power Drome and Destruction Derby Arenas in certain aspects. 

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Not sure which one, but sounds like a game in the Twisted Metal series.

Damn... Ninjad

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Sounds like Twisted Metal to me.  Never played one on the PS2 but played on PS1.  

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

i go with eveyone else sounds like twister metal

Twisted metal?

Edit: damit... Hardcore ninjad

Sounds like Twisted Metal to me.  Never played one on the PS2 but played on PS1.  

I just looked through all of the Twisted Metal games, and unfortunately, though it is strikingly similar, it's not the game I'm thinking of.  :(

Perhaps the game I'm thinking of was inspired by the Twisted Metal series.

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

It's not Twisted Metal because in Twisted Metal, you pick up weapons that you then toggle through to use. They aren't mounted on left/right/front of the vehicle. 

I don't remember if that's how weapons are mounted in Vigilante 8, but it's a Twisted Metal-esque game for the PS1. So that's not it.

*thinking as I feel like I've played this game*

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

There's this site called Similar Games, and it'll show you games similar to the one you searched for. I will try using it to find games similar to any of the Twisted Metal games.

EDIT: And nope. I still didn't find it.

What about Road Rash, memba dat shit?

Sorry for hijacking...

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

What about motor storm??

That name rings bells! I'll check it out!

EDIT: Nope, that's not it either. 

That name rings bells! I'll check it out!

EDIT: Nope, that's not it either. 

187 Ride or Die?

254px-187_Ride_or_Die.jpg

I assume it wasn't the burnout series of games since they lack weapons AFAIR.

58300_front.jpg

Motor Mayhem: Vehicular Combat League?

10825_front.jpg

Road Trip?

Road_Trip_Adventure_cover_art.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

187 Ride or Die?

It's not 187 Ride or Die. I saw that on YouTube one time and I actually want to get it, but it isn't the game that I'm looking for. Let me try and give some more details:

I remember one vehicle, being similar to a tank. It had six wheels and looked like a rover or something from the Mass Effect series, or a Warthog from Halo but red with six wheels.

I'm going to do something I really don't want to do, and that's find a huge database of all PS2 games and then just search through it.

It's not 187 Ride or Die. I saw that on YouTube one time and I actually want to get it, but it isn't the game that I'm looking for. Let me try and give some more details:

I remember one vehicle, being similar to a tank. It had six wheels and looked like a rover or something from the Mass Effect series, or a Warthog from Halo but red with six wheels.

I'm going to do something I really don't want to do, and that's find a huge database of all PS2 games and then just search through it.

Look back at that post. I added more. I already did that basically. 

Was it RoadKill?

11ucajn.jpg

† Christian Member †

Look back at that post. I added more. I already did that basically. 

Was it RoadKill?

It's not RoadKill, but I now realize that I missed your last post, and boy I'm glad I looked at it! I think it's Motor Mayhem. I really recognize the cover art.

I'm looking up screenshots and I don't recognize most of them, but I do recognize some of them. For example, the following picture. That's the red vehicle with six wheels I described.

motor-mayhem-1.jpg

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Thanks for all your guys' help! I found the game that I was looking for, it's Motor Mayhem, or VCL Presents: Motor Mayhem. It's been so long since I've seen this game, and after scoping out gameplay on YouTube, it brings back a lot of memories. Vitalius posted several pictures, and luckily for me, I recognized the cover art for Motor Mayhem and its name right away.

Picture not working :)

Yes, I realized that. Try this one, it's pretty similar: 

motor-mayhem-ps2-8217.jpg

Okay, so for anyone responding, I've found the game, it's Motor Mayhem. In the first post, I described a Mayan style map, an Airport map and a space station map. They all appear in this video: 

Mayan map: 0:46

Airport: 0:56

Space station: 1:19