The LTT Army formerly nominate the entire Tek Syndicate staff to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

The vast legions of LinusTechTips will not back down! 

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/general-discussion/ltt-army-formerly-nominate-entire-tek-syndicate-staff-als-ice-bucket

ALS is a genetic disease the makes people randomly loose muscle control. This challenge is to raise money for finding a cure. Shivering from ice water is an example of loss of muscle control that everyone can experience.

EDIT; If Emperor Linus wishes to conduct this challenge personally this post will be resigned.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I think the ALS Ice Bucket challenge is a great example of "If something exist, people will have problems with it"

Sure, it might be wasting water and shizzle. But it's raising money, isn't it? I consider it a success.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I think the ALS Ice Bucket challenge is a great example of "If something exist, people will have problems with it"

Sure, it might be wasting water and shizzle. But it's raising money, isn't it? I consider it a success.

If they donate yeah, but it seems people just go around throwing water over the self because it's cool, I bet most of them don't even know what's going on.

If they donate yeah, but it seems people just go around throwing water over the self because it's cool, I bet most of them don't even know what's going on.

That's true. Most people seem to be doing it, just for the sake of doing it. The videos with links to more information and a simple explanation of ALS are great.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

If you noticed all the Top Tennis players are doing it. This is because Brad Drewitt who was head of the ATP last year retired dew to this illness and passed away about 6 months later. The tennis players are also donating money even though they are doing the Ice challenge. Roger Federer was a funny one to watch.

That's true. Most people seem to be doing it, just for the sake of doing it. The videos with links to more information and a simple explanation of ALS are great.

I guess it raises awareness, but half the people doing it probably don't even know.

either way it's a huge success.

So this means that Linus and Slick did it and recorded it, and challenged them in the video!!

Honestly, I think the Ice bucket challange is silly, but we saw the original video at school and it was sad ;(

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

if you do the ice challenge but don't donate, you shouldn't have access to the internet

So this means that Linus and Slick did it and recorded it, and challenged them in the video!!

Honestly, I think the Ice bucket challange is silly, but we saw the original video at school and it was sad ;(

Linus and Slick were challenged by Barnicles, this is the LTT comunity challenging them, maybe Linus and Slick will in their video too.

I guess it raises awareness, but half the people doing it probably don't even know.

either way it's a huge success.

"Awareness" doesn't help much, sure more people know about it. But they only care about the trend and internet popularity. When the trend dies so will the support for the disease, a very unfortunate outcome for things like this.

People get uptight about wasting a bucket, maybe 10 litres, of water whilst they can still hose down their cars and water their lawns using absolutely hundreds daily.

if you do the ice challenge but don't donate, you shouldn't have access to the internet

why the hell not? We're doing it for shits and giggles, if not for the raising awareness thing, why should you have a problem with it? It took us hundreds of years to get rid of smallpox, what makes you think that with today's greed-and-corruption-driven pharmaceutical companies that even if they do find a cure that it will be distributed without some huge fee? This isn't going to "end ALS".

Linus and Slick were challenged by Barnicles, this is the LTT comunity challenging them, maybe Linus and Slick will in their video too.

Ohh, ok didnt realize that they meant LTT community :P 

Cant wait!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yeah.. I don't think this is how the challenge works.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I vote that a ruler be used on that one guys beard.  For every centimeter of length, an entire bucket of ice needs to be dumped on top of him.  I'm guessing they will need like 20 guys to dump like 20 buckets of ice on top of him.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...