Asus 27" LED G-Sync ROG SWIFT PG278Q with AMD GPU's

nugu

Hi, i just got my Asus 27" LED G-Sync ROG SWIFT PG278Q

And when im trying to set the refresh rate to 144Hz, i get BSOD, followed by a restart of my computer.

when changing it to 144Hz in CCC, the screen goes all blurry and im forced to revert changes.

Im using the display port cable that came with the monitor.

when i google my problem, i just get directed to other forums from 2010-2013/ other monitors

Specs of my computer is this:

post-122797-0-96896700-1409248909.png

Welcome to the LTT Forums :) .

From what I have seen so far some people had issues with the DP cable that comes with the monitor. Can you by chance try another one?

You are the first person I see that makes use of the RoG Swift with AMD cards.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Thank you.

i tried another DP cable, didnt work above 60hz.

i probably am one of the first yes.. i just saw some youtube videos about it and it wasnt only for nVidia users. "i miss out on the G-sync, but it should still be an awesome monitor for AMD" was the message i recieved from watching all the different reviews :P

Thank you.

i tried another DP cable, didnt work above 60hz.

i probably am one of the first yes.. i just saw some youtube videos about it and it wasnt only for nVidia users. "i miss out on the G-sync, but it should still be an awesome monitor for AMD" was the message i recieved from watching all the different reviews :P

I would probably try to get in touch with the customer service from Asus and explain this issue to them. In the forums are no where near enough people that own this monitor, and so no one really knows what this could be. Unfortunately the first lot of these monitors was really small in the US and I didn´t get one, so I am afraid I can´t help you too much with this.

And I am the kind of person I want my info out of first hand and not something somebody heared somewhere ;) .

I find this amazing! A person that uses a highend AMD GPU CF and is not crying over the missing support. Thumbs up for this, because you are right other than G-Sync you can make full use of the monitor.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

i have 13 days to figure it out, or else i have to return it :P

im not crying over Gsync no, but i will cry over the refresh rate! :(

Hi, i just got my Asus 27" LED G-Sync ROG SWIFT PG278Q

And when im trying to set the refresh rate to 144Hz, i get BSOD, followed by a restart of my computer.

when changing it to 144Hz in CCC, the screen goes all blurry and im forced to revert changes.

Im using the display port cable that came with the monitor.

when i google my problem, i just get directed to other forums from 2010-2013/ other monitors

Specs of my computer is this:

Purchase a large gauged dvi-d cable. Those work better and are recommended especially with overclocking 1440p ips panels. The same most likely applies in this situation. 

i cant even get mine to work, my 580s dont have displayport and my Sager NP9380-S 120hz notebooks thunderbolt port cantt see the monitor

Purchase a large gauged dvi-d cable. Those work better and are recommended especially with overclocking 1440p ips panels. The same most likely applies in this situation. 

the display doesnt have DVI-D.  The only ports are displayport and 2 USB 3.0 ports.  I looked high and low to find dual link DVI-D to displayport adapters but havent seen any....at all.

the display doesnt have DVI-D.  The only ports are displayport and 2 USB 3.0 ports.  I looked high and low to find dual link DVI-D to displayport adapters but havent seen any....at all.

Then just try a quality displayport cable. The worst thing you could do is use an adapter. adding another kink in the chain won't really help. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882678028

without knowing what country you're in i can't provide an exact link.

i cant even get mine to work, my 580s dont have displayport and my Sager NP9380-S 120hz notebooks thunderbolt port cantt see the monitor

The lowest card supported was supposed to be GTX 650Ti Boost.

Can you get two of these monitors for a multi monitor setup?

Yes but that would be a massive waste as you will be buying the most expensive and best gaming monitor JUST for productivity, if you want dual monitors then get the swift and a good IPS monitor.

Yes but that would be a massive waste as you will be buying the most expensive and best gaming monitor JUST for productivity, if you want dual monitors then get the swift and a good IPS monitor.

So it's okay to mix monitors? I can link the swift to the display port and then the other monitor to the hdmi? Would i be able to play games on the swift in full screen and have the other monitor open on like a browser or whatever? Also do they have to be the same resolution?

So it's okay to mix monitors? I can link the swift to the display port and then the other monitor to the hdmi? Would i be able to play games on the swift in full screen and have the other monitor open on like a browser or whatever? Also do they have to be the same resolution?

You can mix just about any monitor and still use it's native resolution and hz rate, just set up the swift as primary monitor in the monitor settings and games will go full screen on just that monitor and you just drag whatever you want over to the other monitor.

You can mix just about any monitor and still use it's native resolution and hz rate, just set up the swift as primary monitor in the monitor settings and games will go full screen on just that monitor and you just drag whatever you want over to the other monitor.

I'm planing on having a ROG Swift and an Asus PB278Q, will i still be able to use g-sync?

I'm planing on having a ROG Swift and an Asus PB278Q, will i still be able to use g-sync?

Yes.

Can you get two of these monitors for a multi monitor setup?

yeah nvidia was just working on gsync surround

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, probably gonna hold off my build till the 980 comes tho :)

That video might be worth your time it looks good, I personally would rather have an ultra wide instead of a triple monitor. I want a 21:9 4k G-sync / Freesync  enabled monitor lol but that won't ever come