Sell AKG K612 Pro and get a Fidelio X1?

H4X3R

I will have to sell my K612s for 90-100 euros and the X1 is 130 euros.

I heard that the X1 has a bigger sound stage which may help in the main game i am playing, tf2 (please correct me if i'm wrong).

OR

Get the ATH M50Xs for 110 euros.

OR

Get ATH Pro 700 for 130

OR

Get HD 598s for 128

PS Would the philips x1 be driven by my supreme fx iii onboard audio without distortion and at good volume levels?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

X1 is a side grade, and I'd like to know where you got the idea of better soundstage. They're both non-angled open headphones, so should be about the same, though the AKG will have better imaging.

X1 is a side grade, and I'd like to know where you got the idea of better soundstage. They're both non-angled open headphones, so should be about the same, though the AKG will have better imaging.

Soundstage: http://www.trustedreviews.com/philips-fidelio-x1_Headphones_review_sound-quality-and-verdict_Page-2 and from Techyescity youtube channel (forgot in which video)

What do you mean by side grade?

keep the K612

imo all the other headphones you mention are downgrades

Some evidence would be nice.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

The X1's are a lot more comfortable, but I prefer the sound signature of the K612's. Save your money.

Get Sennheiser 518, angled drivers OP.

Kidding. :rolleyes:

Soundstage: http://www.trustedreviews.com/philips-fidelio-x1_Headphones_review_sound-quality-and-verdict_Page-2 and from Techyescity youtube channel (forgot in which video)

What do you mean by side grade?

I just checked out both of those reviews - neither compared the soundstage vs. other headphones. I'll keep myself from repeat what I already said about that.

Side grade means most people would rate them about the same overall, but each performs better or worse in different applications/features. For instance, the X1 does not have removable pads, but does have a removable cable. The K612 does have removable pads, but does not have a removable cable. It's up to the individual on which is better in that regard.

I just checked out both of those reviews - neither compared the soundstage vs. other headphones. I'll keep myself from repeat what I already said about that.

Side grade means most people would rate them about the same overall, but each performs better or worse in different applications/features. For instance, the X1 does not have removable pads, but does have a removable cable. The K612 does have removable pads, but does not have a removable cable. It's up to the individual on which is better in that regard.

Thanks. I decided to keep my K612s.

I also need some help here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/732316/sell-akg-k612-pro-and-get-a-fidelio-x1#post_10838123

I thought you said i didn't need an amp/dac.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I also need some help here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/732316/sell-akg-k612-pro-and-get-a-fidelio-x1#post_10838123

I thought you said i didn't need an amp/dac.

Head-Fi will tell you that every headphone needs a dedicated amp and/or DAC.

Does it get loud enough on your motherboard? If yes, you don't need an amp. 

Can you hear any crackles, pops, hiss, or EMI? If no, you don't need a DAC.

Head-Fi will tell you that every headphone needs a dedicated amp and/or DAC.

Does it get loud enough on your motherboard? If yes, you don't need an amp. 

Can you hear any crackles, pops, hiss, or EMI? If no, you don't need a DAC.

Then i guess i don't need one :D

Thanks

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4