"Microsoft is cracking down on fake Windows Store apps" -The Verge

shermantanker

Do you want me to record myself checking the hash of a photo, upload it to Google drive, download it again and check the hash again? I just did it myself to verify and I can safely say that not a single bit in the entire image was changed. Actually you know what... Here. I recorded myself doing it.

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true.

Like I said, "Then I don't know what Linus does then."

Do you want me to record myself checking the hash of a photo, upload it to Google drive, download it again and check the hash again? I just did it myself to verify and I can safely say that not a single bit in the entire image was changed. Actually you know what... Here. I recorded myself doing it.

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true.

Like I said, "Then I don't know what Linus does then."

Linus is viewing the powerpoint files in Google Docs, which is what is down-scaling the colour depth and resolution of all the images.

So it's not that Google Drive compresses images, but rather when you view a Powerpoint (or other Office Doc with high res images in it) from Google Docs, it will look like shit. However, if you download that file and open it locally, you'll see that the images are fine. It's just the way that Google Docs views office files. IMO a limitation of the Presentation Google Docs app for sure.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Linus is viewing the powerpoint files in Google Docs, which is what is down-scaling the colour depth and resolution of all the images.

So it's not that Google Drive compresses images, but rather when you view a Powerpoint (or other Office Doc with high res images in it) from Google Docs, it will look like shit. However, if you download that file and open it locally, you'll see that the images are fine. It's just the way that Google Docs views office files. IMO a limitation of the Presentation Google Docs app for sure.

Ah. That makes sense! Thanks!

Very well LAwLz, I apologies, I was mistaken.