Why spend money on mechanical keyboard with cherry switches? :)

Jonathan=PC

Hey guys

I have heared alot about mechanical keyboard with cherry mx switches
And if you want to have a good one you should spend +$100 on it

I currently have the K120 from logitech that i have owned the past 3 years and still works as good as the day i bought it

I like it very much and gaming is good to and the keyboard was just $15

I currently have $150

Should i stick with the one i have now.

or should i buy a mechanical keyboard with cherry mx switches?

Thanks for reading :)

Everything Digital

Because they're better to type on.

As for the post, personal decision. Find out for yourself.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

It depends if you want one, i want one because i'm using a membrane keyboard that i don't like, i tried a mechanical keyboard and i liked it, i waiting for the k70 rgb blue switches to come out so i can buy one. 

I made my decision like this, and I still agree with my original mentality. 

I had a Logitech G5 mouse for years, then a G500. I love that style of mouse, and figured if mine suddenly died, I would have one ordered literally within 10 minutes of my mouse calling it quits. I realized my G15 keyboard wasn't the same. I didn't really care much for it. Sure it worked 100% fine, but it wasn't the same as my mouse, something I felt I just couldn't swap out with a run of the mill mouse. So I figured I would give mechanical keyboards a shot. I was right, today if my Logitech G710+ quit, I would be buying another mechanical keyboard before the day was over. Maybe not a Logietch (I love my G710+), but it would definitely be a cherry switch board, (possibly Corsair, I would get a daskeyboard but I like macros and such).

TLDR: its 100% personal preference.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I have gamed for many years, and I felt a lot less fatigued in FPS after a few hours on a mechanical keyboard. I am currently using a mx black board, but my first was a mx red. It's amazing how quick the response is compared to dome boards. Also I found adding some rings on WASD helped me when I first switched over, I found myself originally pushing all the way down to the bottom of the key stroke like you would on a dome keyboard.

I would recommend Ducky, DAS, Filco and Corsair.

This link is to a keyboard enthusiast site, with people with far more experience and knowledge than myself if you want more opinions: http://geekhack.org/

Hope this helps.

TLDR: Go mechanical, it's a world changer for gaming.

Typing feel.

Custom caps.

Durability.

Cooler Master keyboards are good and affordable. Can easily be had for under $100.

First step is to find a store where you can test different switches and see which you like, or if it's worth it to you at all.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

honestly i was faced with the same thing, but then i plunged in and got a razor blackwidow and oh my god man its so much better than typing on any old keyboard, and that is far from just true for razor, almost all mech keyboards i have used have been amazin.

"Be excellent to one another" Bill and Ted

"How many people have died waiting for their Savour" Nick Arthur of Molotov Solution

It is a completely different experience to type on a Mech board. The feel of a mech board is just soooo much better. IMO

They are definitely worth the pickup, just stay away from Kahil Switches and Razer Keyboards.

• 2 weeks later...