Windows 8 laggy/stuck at start up

PandooZa

Since a week or something my pc is stucking at the start up.

At the time you see the W8 logo (when starting up) with the round thing going around (loading)

the loading thing goes really slow and never stops.

If I restart my pc it works (sometimes I need to restart it 4times..)

Anybody knows a way to fix this ?

I think that is a common fault with Windows 8, I'm not sure if there are any fixes but there is an update to Windows 8 soon.

Maybe that will sort this issue, also another reason why I'm staying with Windows 7, it boots up perfectly everytime :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I think that is a common fault with Windows 8, I'm not sure if there are any fixes but there is an update to Windows 8 soon.

Maybe that will sort this issue, also another reason why I'm staying with Windows 7, it boots up perfectly everytime :)

Ah okay thanks man :(

Ah okay thanks man :(

Don't take my word for it, I haven't got much Windows 8 experience but it's just something I heard, I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable to answer, I wouldn't want to give you wrong information

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I have never gotten this error on my copy of Win8, though I have a SSD, post all of your specs, then maybe you can get better help/answers :-)

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

I agree, I have not seen this problem on any of my system.

Check your SSD and HDD for errors with HDTune (http://www.hdtune.com/download.html).

If no error was found, open the command prompt as true administrator, type: sfc /scannow, this will repair corrupted Windows files if it can. Once done restart your computer.

If still no go, you can take you system back in time with System Restore to a point where you didn't have this issue.

If you can't, or doesn't help, open msconfig, go under the Boot tap, and select No GUI boot. Click on OK, and restart the computer. This will tell us where it gets stuck in the process.

Not the same issue. Yours is just slow. His is stuck. But you know what, try the msconfig method above that I mentioned.

I will :)

I have the same issue and I think is Windows 8 fault because i have dual boot and Windows 7 starts fine.                                                                                                                             

Never had this issue. Using Windows 8, on a HDD.

They are reports that Nitro PDF is also at fault. Uninstall it.

Ok in my case it was Geforce Experience's fault, from the new driver. Not sure about some bloatware though.

You could always go back to Windows 7, I'm sure it'll work perfectly without any lags and what not :)

I was having boot issues and what fixed it for me was disabling the windows 8 fast startup option. From what I understand fast startup basically is a glorified hibernate (correct me if I am wrong). To give it a try go to control panel> power options> on the left click "Choose what the power button does"> and at the bottom uncheck "Turn on fast startup".

I haven't faced a single problem on my three year old HP laptop (i7-720QM, 5650M, 640GB HDD, 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM) that I fresh installed W8 on on the day it came out.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I was having boot issues and what fixed it for me was disabling the windows 8 fast startup option. From what I understand fast startup basically is a glorified hibernate (correct me if I am wrong). To give it a try go to control panel> power options> on the left click "Choose what the power button does"> and at the bottom uncheck "Turn on fast startup".

Correct. This is needed on unsupported motherboards. Usually a BIOS update it needed, or driver updated.

Correct. This is needed on unsupported motherboards. Usually a BIOS update it needed, or driver updated.

Million dollar question: wich one is better for gaming, 7 or 8?

Regards

Thanks.That fixed it.

Million dollar question: wich one is better for gaming, 7 or 8?

Regards

i believe windows 8 is better at gaming to a point. i personally game on windows 7 for easier support and compatibility.

I have windows 8. It has happened to me before it gets stuck there when i restart it from playing some games and it just gets stuck don't know why:/ 

Game compatibility with W8 is exactly the same as W7 as far as I've experienced. Every game I own on steam works 100% so idk how everyone else got theirs to mess up completely. Strange.

Also I never had this problem.. Ran W8 since a week after launch. Working like a champ

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"