AMD A10-5800K VS Intel i5-3570K

i dont know anything about amd cpus.

the usage is something like this:

90% gaming

9% internet

1% homework

what is the best buy for me? shud i mabye buy the cheepest one?

it will be overclocked as far it can go with a Cooler Master Eisberg 240L Prestige or 100i

I'd go with the 3570K.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

if you want to go with Amd pick up the fx 8350 not an Apu :lol:

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Pick Fx 8350 .It would be your best choice for budget gaming rig.Fx 6350 is not a bad choice either and its cheaper

if you want to go with Amd pick up the fx 8350 not an Apu :lol:

Yea the A10-5800K is an APU. if you're lookign to do some gaming you'll probaly have a dedicated GPU anyhow, so stick with the 3570K in this case. Unless you want to go the AMD route, then the 8350 is excellent!

3570k is the best bang for buck, but if you plan to do video editing in the future the 8350 from AMD would be good as well

Why even the 8350. Get a FX8320, save money and just OC it.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Pretty much this. This will save you about $100 compared with an Intel CPU/mobo combo and it will perform about the same as a 3570K

Put the rest of the money in a better graphics card and you'll get better results than a 3570K and a cheaper graphicscard

Get Xeon, you need it for homework... get workstation with 2 Xeons, else you wont be able to do homework.
Lol joke, for gaming definitly get FX- 8350 or 8320, get a good cpu cooler, overclock it like beast, and you have 8 cores, that is futureproof. RIGHT NOW - stock is same as 3570K in games yes, but for video editing and future gaming and recording, definitly 8 core AMD solution. You can easily overclock it to 4.5 on stock voltage. Definitly check out tutorials, motherboard specs, cooling. With better cooling and voltages you can get it to 4.8 

, thats lightening fast!

But it wont do homework for you.

yeah the 8350 or 8320  (difference is the 8320 is clocked lower but both can be overclocked) would be great  and the money you save by going with the platform you can get a better gpu and enjoy 90% of your time on max details.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Dude you are comparing an APU (AMD lower grade stuff) vs an intel quad core unlocked chip...

the prices are wrong as well.

the 8350 will be the best bet and get an 990x AMD mobo, it's cheap, and more powerful than a 3570k, the rest of the cash you will be able to spend on a better SSD if you are planing to buy one

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I can't recommend AMD for gaming without knowing what games you play. Some specific games get a huge performance drop due to being low threaded and having an IPC preaty low compare to any intel cpu.

Those chips are not even in the same price range. If money is an issue, get a FX8320.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

If you don't have a GPU then the A10 is the way to go, thats about it though.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Yup that's what I did. 3570k £172, 8320 £113. No brainer tbh.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I can't recommend AMD for gaming without knowing what games you play. Some specific games get a huge performance drop due to being low threaded and having an IPC preaty low compare to any intel cpu.

I can tell you that none of my games suffer due to the fact I own a 8320. Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light haul some serious ass on my 8320 @ 4.2ghz.

You have to take the future into account too. We have two consoles inbound and confirmed,both using 8 core AMD processors.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I can tell you that none of my games suffer due to the fact I own a 8320. Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light haul some serious ass on my 8320 @ 4.2ghz.

They are also multi-threaded too. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

the thing is the 8320 is the same chip as the 8350, but it just didnt perform to the same level so its just a lesser binned chip than the 8350. the 8350 offers better overclocking and more stability, but if you are only doing light overclocks then the 8320 should be good. i have an 8350 at 4.8 stable under aio liquid cooler with push pull temps at about 56C under load

Archangel(z11 Build) CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0 GPU: 2x Sapphire R9 290x RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 2800 Mobo: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC Power Supply: Cougar CMX1000 Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 Storage: 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB WD Blue

Reptile(Dual G34) CPU: 2x Opteron 6172 RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 ECC Mobo: Super Micro H8DGU-F Power Supply: Seasonic SS-660XP2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7k300 3TB

White Knight:(wife's build) CPU: A10-6800k GPU: MSI 7970 Lightning GHz BE RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury White 1866 Mobo: MSI A88x-g43 Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 520 Case: TT Commander Snow Edition Storage:1TB WD Blue

I would also go with the FX8350 because this has more cores than the i5 which will be useful because games and apps are starting to make use of those cores.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would also go with the FX8350 because this has more cores than the i5 which will be useful because games and apps are starting to make use of those cores.

I wonder if that means later the i7's and i5's will have eight cores.

You have to take the future into account too. We have two consoles inbound and confirmed,both using 8 core AMD processors.

By the time the i5 is too slow to runs games the 8320 will also be too slow frankly. The only reason I'd see a 8320 being a no brainier is if you want a video rendering machine on the cheap. Otherwise I'd go with intel.

Because the 8350 and 8320 are based on the same silicon, but quality sorted based on thermal properties at the factory. Thus any 8350 will overclock further. Thus, I would only recommend the 8320 to anyone who doesn't want to overclock. Buying an 8350 is also the only way to participate in the silicon lottery, as you can be sure any extremely-high efficiency chips are completely weeded out of the 8320 range of chips but not the 8350 range.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I would get a FX 8320, use the money saved to buy a HD 7870 (or higher) graphics card. Likewise you can also use the money saved to pick up a 120/128 GB SSD too. To really pinch pennies you can stick with the stock cooler and save up and get a decent air/water cooler and overclock when you feel like you need more performance.  Just make sure you buy a mid range 990/970 motherboard and your future prospects will be good.

Ex: In Canada the 3570K is $230 and the the 8320 is $160. For $260 you can buy the 8320 and a decent 120 GB SSD. Just make sure to get that 7870 though, it honestly is the best card in its price point. It performs approximately the same (+/- 5%) to the 660 ti, which is usually $60-80 more.

However, if you can spare the cost, the FX8350 is a worthwhile upgrade. The 3570K is also very nice but, the 8350 will offer (in most occasions) 95% of its performance at 90% its price.