[project] The Monolith

TehGreatPeasant

Yeah, I know how you feel (though to a lesser extent :P)

It's not much, but I had to give my brother my 4S, and so last week, I went ahead and bought a new 4S still in the box, a black Pebble, and some RAM to max out my MacBook (which was an additional 2 to bring it to 4 :o). Not exactly $6K, but it was pretty sweet to get some stuff I've wanted, just because fuck it :lol:

Yeah, that's pretty much it. And don't get the wrong idea, I'm not born into a rich family that has money as toilet paper. I'm just (more like damn lucky) to be in a mid class revenue family that can support me enough to allow me to put enough money away to afford something like this in a relatively long amount of time (around half to 3/4 of a year). I'm also coming around to giving a solid direction of what I want to do for a living, and I'm cutting off a lot of the various things to focus on more important things, such as pc enthusiasm, video editing/photoshop/photography, gaming and music

..... And very conveniently, none of those are cheap xD but hey, glory to multimedia!!!!!

With a single GPU yes (even then it's still a lot), at that point you would be losing efficiency according to a video I saw on youtube.com

Yeah, I looked around and I see what you mean. I may not be as bothered about efficiency as other people. I live in in Montreal, Quebec, and thanks to the hydroelectric mecha that we have here, the power bill is a little cheaper than elsewhere. All in all, the more I look at this, the more I think I'll put a more efficient solution right now, and if ever I'll "need to upgrade" this system, I'll deal with the bigger psu then.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. And don't get the wrong idea, I'm not born into a rich family that has money as toilet paper. I'm just (more like damn lucky) to be in a mid class revenue family that can support me enough to allow me to put enough money away to afford something like this in a relatively long amount of time (around half to 3/4 of a year). I'm also coming around to giving a solid direction of what I want to do for a living, and I'm cutting off a lot of the various things to focus on more important things, such as pc enthusiasm, video editing/photoshop/photography, gaming and music

..... And very conveniently, none of those are cheap xD but hey, glory to multimedia!!!!!

Haha, nice! We're not dirt poor, but we certainly could use a little more breathing room (especially during winter with these ridiculous oil prices)- my dad paints motorcycles, and my mom is starting her own business in counseling. Once her business kicks up, we should be a little more comfortable :)

Anyway, even if we had some money to spare, my dad isn't so much a 'here's some money to help out your interests' as 'if you want money for something, earn it that hard way!' :P (not saying your parents throw money at you, of course) but I don't have a job yet, so I'll probably just work at the local grocery store until summer. I have some connections at a local Apple retailer (not an official Apple Store), but working there is basically the best job I could get right now.

I'm only a Junior in HS, so I don't have my furture planned out, but I've always loved building PCs, and if I could somehow incorporate that into a workable job, then as they say, I'd never work a day in my life :lol:

Haha, nice! We're not dirt poor, but we certainly could use a little more breathing room (especially during winter with these ridiculous oil prices)- my dad paints motorcycles, and my mom is starting her own business in counseling. Once her business kicks up, we should be a little more comfortable :)

Anyway, even if we had some money to spare, my dad isn't so much a 'here's some money to help out your interests' as 'if you want money for something, earn it that hard way!' :P (not saying your parents throw money at you, of course) but I don't have a job yet, so I'll probably just work at the local grocery store until summer. I have some connections at a local Apple retailer (not an official Apple Store), but working there is basically the best job I could get right now.

I'm only a Junior in HS, so I don't have my furture planned out, but I've always loved building PCs, and if I could somehow incorporate that into a workable job, then as they say, I'd never work a day in my life :lol:

That's pretty nice still :) I just live with my mom and my little sister, and I'm starting my second year of college today :D and we don't have that much money to spare either (hell, we're selling the apartment we're living in right now cause it's too damn pricey, and we have to find a new home), so this system is all on me :) and I like it better this way. The only people I'll owe something to are the people who helped me out here, and that's the way it'll stay for quite a while

Alright! Power supply has been chosen for the list of parts (and for now) :EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 G. The Enthoo Primo won't replace the 900D just yet, but I'll put it up there in the parts list to see what you all think of those two