Corsair CS750M?

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by TheSLSAMG,

I think it is a fine enough 750W Gold PSU.

If you can, try to get a Seasonic or SuperFlower unit in the price range, but the CS750M is fine.

Hi

So I found this cheap 750W 80+ Gold PSU from Corsair - the CS750M. What do you guys think of this? Have you used it? Should I be using it in my build? Or should I spend a lot more and get an AX760.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

If you can, try to get a Seasonic or SuperFlower unit in the price range, but the CS750M is fine.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I've heard that SeaSonic PSUs have problems fitting into Corsair cases (I'm using a 600T).

So CS750M it is! Thanks!

I've heard that SeaSonic PSUs have problems fitting into Corsair cases (I'm using a 600T).

So CS750M it is! Thanks!

No problem :)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yay finally some one who didn't recommend the EVGA G2

^ EVGA G2 is based on Superflower's Leadex Platform, and I believe that was what TheSLSAMG was referring to as Superflower's power supplies are hard to find outside of Asia.

Also, ignore Cokeman, he's a Corsair fanboy.

CS750M is an 80Plus Gold CXM Series. It's a'ight. Consider it an entry level unit. I wouldn't recommend anything less than it for systems where you need 750W.

^ EVGA G2 is based on Superflower's Leadex Platform, and I believe that was what TheSLSAMG was referring to as Superflower's power supplies are hard to find outside of Asia.

Also, ignore Cokeman, he's a Corsair fanboy.

CS750M is an 80Plus Gold CXM Series. It's a'ight. Consider it an entry level unit. I wouldn't recommend anything less than it for systems where you need 750W.

The CS-M series are also Haswell-certified, unlike CX-Ms. And my local store doesn't sell EVGA PSUs.

No, get the CX700 instead, it's performs better than the CS series. Why do you want a 750w PSU anyway?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

The CS-M series are also Haswell-certified, unlike CX-Ms. And my local store doesn't sell EVGA PSUs.

Yeah EVGA is a fairly new arrival in the PSU market, and haven't spread worldwide like Corsair has. For example, here in NZ we have a bunch of overpriced Corsair and Cooler Master units and some cheapo junk from Zalman and whoever else, but no EVGA. I believe the same is true in Aussie.

No, get the CX700 instead, it's performs better than the CS series. Why do you want a 750w PSU anyway?

You mean CX750. And why would it perform better than the CSM Series? *Googles*

My PC needs to be ready for a 2-way SLI setup with GTX 770s. I'll buy one after I have finished the build and have the money.

Because of the jonny guru review of the CX series

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

CX isn't Haswell ready and I'm using a 4690K.

CX isn't Haswell ready and I'm using a 4690K.

That haswell ready thing is with regards to sleeping and waking the computer, not actually running the chip

That haswell ready thing is with regards to sleeping and waking the computer, not actually running the chip

I know that, but I still want my computer to use little power when it's not doing anything.

Hey I just wanted to tell you, I think you're full of shit, this isn't the first time you've criticized my opinion on PSU's and I'm guessing do this to a lot of people. I don't know what your agenda is and I don't mean offense, I would appreciate it if you just stop. @daemonowner

I know that, but I still want my computer to use little power when it's not doing anything.

I honestly wouldn't consider it as such a good choice, what other options are available?

Yeah EVGA is a fairly new arrival in the PSU market, and haven't spread worldwide like Corsair has. For example, here in NZ we have a bunch of overpriced Corsair and Cooler Master units and some cheapo junk from Zalman and whoever else, but no EVGA. I believe the same is true in Aussie.

No we have EVGA as well as Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, etc..

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15

Because of the jonny guru review of the CX series

You mean the couple of CX430 reviews?

Comparing them to the jonnyguru.com CS550M review, I don't see how the CX is better. CX is non-modular, CXM and CSM are modular. CSM is far more efficient, of course. CSM has better voltage regulation, though not by much. The CSM did have pretty poor 12V ripple suppression, and HardOCP and techpowerup found the same. Newer CX, CXM and CSM units should have Japanese primaries, and I prefer the Teapo secondaries on the CSM over the SamXon and CapXon's in the CX/M.

Hey I just wanted to tell you, I think you're full of shit, this isn't the first time you've criticized my opinion on PSU's and I'm guessing do this to a lot of people. I don't know what your agenda is and I don't mean offense, I would appreciate it if you just stop. @daemonowner

The only thing I've said to you in this thread was 

And you feel like I am criticizing you.

And apparently I frequently do this to you.

The only thing I've said to you in this thread was 

And you feel like I am criticizing you.

And apparently I frequently do this to you.

Well it isn't the first time