Aurora Chalice Racing League

rucdoc

Hmm, i dont have TrackIR....
Scott Manly said they disabled it because the Char head was sticking out of the ship or something, there was a "hack" to fix it BUT people claim it works sooooo...idunno? oh well if it works normally then that great!

Hmm, i dont have TrackIR....

Scott Manly said they disabled it because the Char head was sticking out of the ship or something, there was a "hack" to fix it BUT people claim it works sooooo...idunno? oh well if it works normally then that great!

It just works without any hacks or tricks. And it adds a great deal of fun to dogfighting. For me it's a big wish come true as I really can't play sims without trackIR anymore. It's the greatest gaming investment I've made in years.

@rucdoc can you add me please if I'm not to late?

Hmm, i dont have TrackIR....Scott Manly said they disabled it because the Char head was sticking out of the ship or something, there was a "hack" to fix it BUT people claim it works sooooo...idunno? oh well if it works normally then that great!
Yeah he had a paddy on twitter because a dev told him that they weren't working on supporting it but I think the dev ment they weren't actively working on it, I think it's like the rift where (IIRC) they aren't working on it during work times but a small group are working out of hours.Scott Manly has been dropping his standards recently which is a shame and not meaning to to start a flame war but trackir seems gimmickry, maybe someone can explain to me the benefits?

@rucdoc while you are adding spoon mind adding me too :)

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

it is never too late, well maybe on november 8th when the 8th week ends.

everyone added.

As a note, I am gonna work on distancing the tracks today, and a few other things. I have alot of things I'm trying to code, but the code isn't really happy about it right now, but more things coming.

Ok so after everybody did some laps now the big question again.

M-50 or 350r?

what about them?

How in your opinion do they compare in terms of speed vs ease of driving. In short what ship do you generally get better times in?

Of course it depends greatly on your flying style and preferences but I'm asking about personal opinions.

How in your opinion do they compare in terms of speed vs ease of driving. In short what ship do you generally get better times in?

Of course it depends greatly on your flying style and preferences but I'm asking about personal opinions.

Fair enough, well my game crashes when i try to race with the 350r so its the M50.

Fair enough, well my game crashes when i try to race with the 350r so its the M50.

Brilliant :) Thx

Just an update, I am changing some stuff on the backend in how I stored data, and added some extra data tracking, :) this is a good thing. However, as I am not feeling well all that is changed at this point is the reporting functions, as I am the only who has reported data everything is fine, as my times will be purged and I'm fine with that. the new reporting form and data structure is finished, however the rest of the site is currently not built to use the new format, so it may not show your times, show them in the wrong places, and just explode randomly. I am working on an overhaul of the rest of the site, but it will take some time. I'm going to push back the entire league at least a week due to bugs, such as single player races not working, and multi-player servers not working.

I just wanted to let everyone know, so that you guys didn't flood me with comments should the racing start working before I finish fixing the site.

Just an update, I am changing some stuff on the backend in how I stored data, and added some extra data tracking, :) this is a good thing. However, as I am not feeling well all that is changed at this point is the reporting functions, as I am the only who has reported data everything is fine, as my times will be purged and I'm fine with that. the new reporting form and data structure is finished, however the rest of the site is currently not built to use the new format, so it may not show your times, show them in the wrong places, and just explode randomly. I am working on an overhaul of the rest of the site, but it will take some time. I'm going to push back the entire league at least a week due to bugs, such as single player races not working, and multi-player servers not working.

I just wanted to let everyone know, so that you guys didn't flood me with comments should the racing start working before I finish fixing the site.

Thanks for your effort mate. I really appreciate this. I myself haven't raced too much for now as I'm struggling with peripherals / new flight model but as soon as I have more time I'll get to it.

I'm able to do a lap with an m-50 in around 01:11:75. I have no idea how some guys are going down to 01:02...where am I missing the 10 secs?

I'm able to do a lap with an m-50 in around 01:11:75. I have no idea how some guys are going down to 01:02...where am I missing the 10 secs?

Boosting round corners?

Boosting round corners?

I'd doing a whole lap on a boost as the fuel is unlimited at the moment. I'm taking all the corners sideways to avoid blacking out so I don't slow down for even a moment.. I'll see into the g-safe and comstab settings. Maybe something there slows me down.

I'd doing a whole lap on a boost as the fuel is unlimited at the moment. I'm taking all the corners sideways to avoid blacking out so I don't slow down for even a moment.. I'll see into the g-safe and comstab settings. Maybe something there slows me down.

i think your doing the corners wrong lol, i haven't touched the G safe or anything. i just Boost till i almost blackout.

What? The boost is unlimited? Fail

It's just for the time being. The fuel system is not implemented yet. I think it might be coming in the AC 1.0

It not that boost is unlimited it more that fuel is unlimited, the whole point of afterburners is that you accelerate faster in exchange for greater fuel consumption.

It not that boost is unlimited it more that fuel is unlimited, the whole point of afterburners is that you accelerate faster in exchange for greater fuel consumption.

Yeah thought that they implemented in this patch

the 1:02s are coming from 350R's as the max time for an m50 is 1:06

the 1:02s are coming from 350R's as the max time for an m50 is 1:06

Yesterday I swapped the m50 for a 350R. It so much faster but also more difficult to control. I was unable to complete a lap without an accident in the first couple of tries. The m50 was almost driving itself. Still I'm keeping the 350R. It's a thrill to ride :)