Looking for a high-end graphics card

dubphobia

Please take note! I'm looking for best price to performance right now and the best for expandability on my system like if I want to buy a couple more monitors or a 4K display I can without having to buy another card, this is what I'm saying, I don't care about the top ranking best card, I want the best I can afford that will allow me to have expandability on it

Building a budget PC and I want the best price to performance graphics card, preferably a single card I've already decided all my other components but I want a decent high-end card

I'm currently toying with the idea of a Gigabyte 770 4GB OC edition or a 780 6GB (unsure on what 780) but not to sure what to go for. I was also considering two 760's in SLI as they perform as good as a 780Ti at a cheaper price

This is also for 1080p single display gaming, recording/live steaming. I'm looking for maxing out most if not all current games on the market

But my question is

760x2 in SLI

770 4GB

780 6GB

But defiantly open to share your own opinion, if you want to know the specs of the system as a whole then let me know

Will rather a nvidia card just for shadow play and direct streaming to twitch

UNSURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO PUT THIS SO SORRY IF IT ISN'T!

R9 290 or R9 290X would also be a choice and would be better at higher resolution gaming.

Wait for the GTX 800 series, should be releasing sometime in the next month or so.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

if i had to pick a gpu right now i would go with a 780 3GB unless you plan on multi monitors or gaming at 4k the 6gb is kinda not worth the increase in cost that is preference though.

my advice is wait until the end of September when the 880 is supposedly being launched you could see some nice price drops in the 770,780 etc

i picked up a zotac AMP! for 500 or so a little while ago good stock clocks on it at 1ghz and its cooler is quiet and effective

290x will outperform it comfortably in games and will utterly destroy it in anything using openGL.
 other than that the 780ti will do everything better.

If I'm going with a card I want the most memory bandwidth I can get for that card, for a simple reason. I want the card to hold up longer than it normally would with that card gaming wise for the simple reason. We don't know what the kind of specs on gaming is going to take us in the next 2-3 years time and it could be a huge jump in performance and I want to "future-proof" the system as much as I can

If I'm going with a card I want the most memory bandwidth I can get for that card, for a simple reason. I want the card to hold up longer than it normally would with that card gaming wise for the simple reason. We don't know what the kind of specs on gaming is going to take us in the next 2-3 years time and it could be a huge jump in performance and I want to "future-proof" the system as much as I can

just cause it has 6gb doesnt mean it has more bandwidth.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

But yeah, I'd rather wait for the 800 series but I thought I'd ask anyway because I defiantly do not want a kick in the balls if the performance is a huge jump like it's suppose to be by rumours of course and defiantly don't want to buy a card when there's a better card for the same price in spitting distance

But this won't be until October/November it happens, I'm just planning ahead to get the best I can

just cause it has 6gb doesnt mean it has more bandwidth.

I meant if I was expanding my display to three monitors or changing to a 1440p display or maybe even 4K I want the most I can get for the best I can afford

"Future-proofing" your system by having more VRAM will not be as effective as having more processing power. You will be better of getting a better card with the same/less memory (780 ti will get you farther in the long run than a 6GB 780). But from what you are saying, an aftermarket 290 or 290X would be appealing to you. Also, if you can wait (I understand if you can't, I couldn't wait to build mine, ahaha) you should wait for the 800 series, as they will perform better for a significantly lower price than the 700 series. 

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

R9 290 Vapor-X or any GTX 780. Dont waste money on 4GB 770 or SLI 760!!!

r9 290 or 3gb 780

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Please take note! I'm looking for best price to performance right now and the best for expandability on my system like if I want to buy a couple more monitors or a 4K display I can without having to buy another card, this is what I'm saying, I don't care about the top ranking best card, I want the best I can afford that will allow me to have expandability on it

"Future-proofing" your system by having more VRAM will not be as effective as having more processing power. You will be better of getting a better card with the same/less memory (780 ti will get you farther in the long run than a 6GB 780). But from what you are saying, an aftermarket 290 or 290X would be appealing to you. Also, if you can wait (I understand if you can't, I couldn't wait to build mine, ahaha) you should wait for the 800 series, as they will perform better for a significantly lower price than the 700 series.

Well, I have no choice but to wait, I'm building the system, I can use a 550Ti I've got just now until I can get the money together to get to buy the card

Wait for the 800 series or get yourself a r9 290x. :)

Well, I have no choice but to wait, I'm building the system, I can use a 550Ti I've got just now until I can get the money together to get to buy the card

Oh, then definitely get an 880/870 or something along those, I think the 880 is rumored to be around $400, a great deal considering it will perform better than the gtx 780 which is $500 right now.

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

Oh, then definitely get an 880/870 or something along those, I think the 880 is rumored to be around $400, a great deal considering it will perform better than the gtx 780 which is $500 right now.

It will also consume a lot less power than its radeon equivalents.

Nvidia is going to kick ass with Maxwell.

It will also consume a lot less power than its radeon equivalents.

Nvidia is going to kick ass with Maxwell.

My PSU is a 600w silverstone 80+ bronze. Let's just hope it's good enough to carry a 800 series haha

My PSU is a 600w silverstone 80+ bronze. Let's just hope it's good enough to carry a 800 series haha

you should be fine. people always worry about their PSU but it's never usually a problem. 600W is more than enough for even a GTX Titan, if you wanted one.

you should be fine. people always worry about their PSU but it's never usually a problem. 600W is more than enough for even a GTX Titan, if you wanted one.

I know it's enough wattage but I'm unsure if the PSU will hold up but should be fine I guess haha

I know it's enough wattage but I'm unsure if the PSU will hold up but should be fine I guess haha

Please take note! I'm looking for best price to performance right now.

That would be the R9 290. Get the TRI-X by sapphire and you'll be happy. Option two would be to wait until the 800 series launches.

Please don't waste your money by getting the 6gb 780, it's simply not worth it.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

That would be the R9 290. Get the TRI-X by sapphire and you'll be happy. Option two would be to wait until the 800 series launches.

Please don't waste your money by getting the 6gb 780, it's simply not worth it.

I'd rather get nvidia just simply for shadowplay and capability to stream to Twitch without any other program's etc

But I think I'll just wait for the 800 series. Better than suffering a kick in the balls if the performance is a lot better for the same price if not cheaper