I need help finding a game for PC

LarsReviews

After Thief, GTA 4, Watch Dogs, and a few others I am looking for some kind of openworld game that isn't all about shooting. I really liked the takedown options from Thief and Watch Dogs. Is there anything similar?

Edit: Shooting is fine, but it shouldn't be like BF or COD.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Skyrim

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

WoW? You won't be shooting much unless you're a hunter ^^ Might not be the game you're looking for though.

witcher 2 might be a good play

Thanks, I will watch some Lets Plays about that game. 

Skyrim

I have heared alot about that game too, but I have no clue what it is. I really need to watch some gameplay :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

WoW? You won't be shooting much unless you're a hunter ^^ Might not be the game you're looking for though.

Shooting is fine, but it shouldn't be like BF or COD.

Skyrim

This ^

Absolutely amazing game, and there are hundreds of mods for it which make it even better!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Thanks, I will watch some Lets Plays about that game. 

I have heared alot about that game too, but I have no clue what it is. I really need to watch some gameplay :D

BROOOOOOO. GAMES SOOOOO GOOD THAT I FOLLOW THREE OF THE RELIGIONS IN THE GAME. I CAN FAN GIRL OVER THIS GAME HARD. LIKE THIS GAME MAKES MY NIPPLES HARD. I wrote an essay about this game for my college English class.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Sleeping Dogs, it has shooting but the shooting kinda sucks so you can just kick some ass instead.

Just Cause 2 is mostly shooting and exploding but it's fucking awesome.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Sky rim. The storyline is fairly good, a large map with lots of different areas to explore and discover, along with some decent fighting methods, weapons usage and abilities. However, what truly makes Skyrim what it is, is the mods available for it. Want lightsabers? Sorted. Want your car to become a horse? Dealt with. Want to have armour so revealing that it could find it's way into a playboy magazine? Easy.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

BROOOOOOO. GAMES SOOOOO GOOD THAT I FOLLOW THREE OF THE RELIGIONS IN THE GAME. I CAN FAN GIRL OVER THIS GAME HARD. LIKE THIS GAME MAKES MY NIPPLES HARD. I wrote an essay about this game for my college English class.

Where have you been all my life? =D =D =D

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Sky rim. The storyline is fairly good, a large map with lots of different areas to explore and discover, along with some decent fighting methods, weapons usage and abilities. However, what truly makes Skyrim what it is, is the mods available for it. Want lightsabers? Sorted. Want your car to become a horse? Dealt with. Want to have armour so revealing that it could find it's way into a playboy magazine? Easy.

Sky rim? Is that where you give/receive rim in the sky? Is that a shitty knock off of Pacific Rim?

I agree with everything you said except for the "Storyline is fairly good." The Dark Brotherhood? Mages Guild? The Companions? I even loved all the little side quests. THE DAEDRIC QUESTS. cmon son the story in this game is exceptional.

Is this the right thing: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition ?

Is this the right thing: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition ?

Yup. The DLC is worth getting.

When you play Skyrim you have to have a cool backstory.

I am Al-Cazmar a Redguard that was born in Skyrim due to the Civil War in Hammerfall years ago between the Crowns and Forebears. (This is Canon)

When you create a character go to a Race name generator. Each Race has their own name. 

For example

Redguards-Arabic Names

Imperials-Roman Names

Nords-Nordic Names

I agree with everything you said except for the "Storyline is fairly good." The Dark Brotherhood? Mages Guild? The Companions? I even loved all the little side quests. THE DAEDRIC QUESTS. cmon son the story in this game is exceptional.

I haven't completed all of it yet, so I couldn't say much about all of it. The companions, yes, that's great. I've yet to deal with the dark brotherhood fully yet, and the mages guild. Too busy warhammering everyone to concentrate in magic. And the daedric quests I haven't even gotten to on the whole. I've barely touched the full storyline, I just went for a straight complete the main story by bludgeoning everything, then think about the rest. When I get a chance. I'll get around to doing more on it, but GTA5 on the PS3 is just too good to surrender yet.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Yup. The DLC is worth getting.

When you play Skyrim you have to have a cool backstory.

I am Al-Cazmar a Redguard that was born in Skyrim due to the Civil War in  Hammerfall years ago between the Crowns and Forebears. (This is Canon)

I am Ron Paul, a Nord. SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS, BITCH!

Sleeping Dogs, it has shooting but the shooting kinda sucks so you can just kick some ass instead.

Just Cause 2 is mostly shooting and exploding but it's fucking awesome.

I am downloading a demo for those games. For Skyrim I am going to watch some gameplay, if my internet connection doesn't crash. :D 

You might like Far Cry 3 as well

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I am Ron Paul, a Nord. SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS, BITCH!

But the nords can't compete with the Aldmeri Dominion if they win the war, long live the Empire, motherf*ckers

You might like Far Cry 3 as well

The trailer looks nice. Thanks for the tip. 

Pick up the elder scrolls franchise and play it through from the beginning. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Skyrim

just got skyrim from a steam sale, but the download will take a while. :)