Ok so what is wrong with people? (Racism in this country)

Cokeman

The main issue for the residents of this area is the over policing that is happening top black people compared to white people. That's what they're tired of, the looting isn't caused by the protesters (not rioters) it's being done by jerks.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Are we talking about the same police?  LAPD, NYPD being HUGE examples

No they are not

No they are not

hmm.. you must not pay attention?  Like the black guy that was strangled by ~5 police because he was standing on the sidewalk...  That's normal activity for the police?

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

perfect example of the cops lying and using excessive force.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

The problem is we've got these detailed narratives, and very few facts. Their reactions were to narratives, and not facts.

I believe there are issues on both sides of the story, racism included, but it's not necessarily the most pressing.

You have a brandished weapon, advance at the policemen, disobey all commands, and expect what result?

-vid-

Watched that the other day. Not the TYT vid, but that cell vid itself. Honestly, both sides are at fault. One, you don't stupidly hold a weapon and walk towards a couple of police officers. Second, you don't unload 5+ times and then handcuff a dead body..that was just wtf. All this over two cans of soda worth less than a couple of bucks. Crim was an idiot and cops used excessive force. We can blame the cops and use every slur in the book and trust me, I have little respect for most officers in this country. The fact still remains, had the guy not been a lunatic committing petty theft will brandishing a weapon, there wouldn't have been a need for officers to arrive in the first place. Throwing your life away for some damn soda..my generation, I swear.

Ok so I'm sure most of you have heard about Michael Brown. He was the black kid shot by a cop on August 9th 2014.  And people are going crazy that this is some racist thing because a white cop shot him. These people are going around in mobs looting stores and forming riots. How is this racist? This kid robbed a store minutes before the shooting. Then when has was confronted by the cop, he fought back and started punching the cop in the face, while the whole time Michael was trying to pull his gun. The cop had every right to shoot. Assaulting a officer and also trying to pull his gun to shot him, why wouldn't the cop shoot. That cop almost lost his eye. And people are acting like  this is some racist thing. Let me tell you something. The next day in Utah, a black cop shot a unarmed white kid by the name of Dillion Taylor, who he thought had just robbed a convenience store, which he didn't. Now do you see people going around looting stores and forming riots? No. The same thing would apply to the George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin case. If Trayvon Martin was a white guy no one would have cared. So people get way to obsessed with racism these days. So apparently its racist when a white guy kills a black guy and not racist when a black guy kills a white guy.  And we have things like black only dating sites. But if you had a white only dating sites you would have Al Sharpton on the news saying "Oh this is so racist we need to rise up and remove this." Racism has gotten way to out of hand these days. So please people stop with this crazy thinking.

The cop was willing and justified. I don't care if your red, yellow, purple or pink. It wasn't racsism it was a justified shooting in a felony chase on foot ending in a physical confrontation. 

Watched that the other day. Not the TYT vid, but that cell vid itself. Honestly, both sides are at fault. One, you don't stupidly hold a weapon and walk towards a couple of police officers. Second, you don't unload 5+ times and then handcuff a dead body..that was just wtf. All this over two cans of soda worth less than a couple of bucks. Crim was an idiot and cops used excessive force. We can blame the cops and use every slur in the book and trust me, I have little respect for most officers in this country. The fact still remains, had the guy not been a lunatic committing petty theft will brandishing a weapon, there wouldn't have been a need for officers to arrive in the first place. Throwing your life away for some damn soda..my generation, I swear.

I can answer some of these statements for you, When and if your shoot you shoot to kill because shooting should very RARELY happen (they teach to unload a mag on the person). You always handcuff them cause if they ain't dead some magic way, your dealing with a person who hates cause you've just shot them. The person did commit Theft III which is a felony along with trespasing if the shop owner asked him to leave. The cop is justified although I can't say I would have done the say thing. 

I can answer some of these statements for you, When and if your shoot you shoot to kill because shooting should very RARELY happen (they teach to unload a mag on the person). You always handcuff them cause if they ain't dead some magic way, your dealing with a person who hates cause you've just shot them. The person did commit Theft III which is a felony along with trespasing if the shop owner asked him to leave. The cop is justified although I can't say I would have done the say thing. 

Like I've made clear before. If the guy didn't think he was hot shit and either A] stayed home or B] pay for a couple of cans of soda like a normal person, the store owner wouldn't have been forced to call police. Instead, he was an insane idiot who threw his life away over soda. No one approaches cops with a weapon shouting "Shoot me!" If they weren't mentally unstable. Textbook suicide by cop.

Funny thing is we got a kid on the forums who watches corporate news and pulls off the "racist card" every now and then its so annoying!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

You're not taught to unload a mag on someone, or told to shoot to kill. You shoot to stop the threat.

We can see in the video the suspect still moving on the ground after being shot. We know shots were fired, but we don't know how many of them connected, or the seriousness of his wounds. That's why he was handcuffed. The situation that played out is an example of how people react to narratives rather than facts. "They just killed that man" and "Why they cuffin' him if he dead?" are observations, but not necessarily accurate ones. The man was killed, but we don't know if he was dead when he was handcuffed.

You're not taught to unload a mag on someone, or told to shoot to kill. You shoot to stop the target.

We can see in the video the suspect still moving on the ground after being shot. We know shots were fired, but we don't know how many of them connected, or the seriousness of his wounds. That's why he was handcuffed. The situation that played out is an example of how people react to narratives rather than facts. "They just killed that man" and "Why they cuffin' him if he dead?" are observations, but not necessarily accurate ones. The man was killed, but we don't know if he was dead when he was handcuffed.

No cops in the US are trained to if you pull your gun you only pull it to kill. Other then that you never pull it.

No cops in the US are trained to if you pull your gun you only pull it to kill. Other then that you never pull it.

Nope. Guns are pulled, often without shots ever being fired. And if shots must be fired, it's to stop a threat.

In high risk situations you can pull your gun with out shooting. BUT if you pull your gun you must be willing and justified to shoot and kill them.

You're not taught to unload a mag on someone, or told to shoot to kill. You shoot to stop the threat.

Like I have said previously you need to make sure they are down. I do NOT agree with what happen. although I do understand the cops perspective. 

In high risk situations you can pull your gun with out shooting. BUT if you pull your gun you must be willing and justified to shoot and kill them.

I'm being pedantic because I think there's an important distinction to be made here. A drawn firearm can function as a tool to deescalate a situation as well, no shots fired, everyone alive. Justification is required to fire the weapon, but not to draw it.

What's worse, a word that has to be censored or cracker?

Hilarious.

Because racism is bad! Our government just likes to plug our rears from time and time again. Daily. But racism!

I would go for cracker! Sounds more offending to me! but seriously, you are right.

I would go for cracker! Sounds more offending to me! but seriously, you are right.

At least you can put cheese on a craker...

/so punny

I'm being pedantic because I think there's an important distinction to be made here. A drawn firearm can function as a tool to deescalate a situation as well, no shots fired, everyone alive. Justification is required to fire the weapon, but not to draw it.

JUSTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO PULL YOUR WEAPON. ANY WEAPON IS TREATED AS LOADED AND READY TO FIRE, DO NOT POINT OR PULL YOUR WEAPON UNLESS JUSTIFIED AND WILLING TO KILL WHAT YOU ARE POINTING IT AT, BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS (FOUR-GROUND BACKGROUND AND EVERYTHING IN-BETWEEN). I AM SORRY BUT I AM CORRECT. 

JUSTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO PULL YOUR WEAPON. ANY WEAPON IS TREATED AS LOADED AND READY TO FIRE, DO NOT POINT OR PULL YOUR WEAPON UNLESS JUSTIFIED AND WILLING TO KILL WHAT YOU ARE POINTING IT AT, BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS (FOUR-GROUND BACKGROUND AND EVERYTHING IN-BETWEEN). I AM SORRY BUT I AM CORRECT. 

Not saying one can draw their firearm without a reason, only that justification and willingness to kill are not prerequisite to drawing a firearm. Police clear buildings and houses with their firearms drawn all the time without the justification or willingness to kill anyone, same while approaching vehicles.

It's just the semantics I have an issue with. You're making it sound like every time a firearm is drawn, it's out to slay someone, and that's just not the case. It's out to defend against threats of assault. Should a threat present itself and not comply with orders to stop, you then make the decision to stop that threat yourself, or not. Upon stopping a threat, death may result. That doesn't mean the shooter was willing or justified to kill; that's something later determined through investigation.

Not saying one can draw their firearm without a reason, only that justification and willingness to kill are not prerequisite to drawing a firearm. Police clear buildings and houses with their firearms drawn all the time without the justification or willingness to kill anyone, same while approaching vehicles.

It's just the semantics I have an issue with. You're making it sound like every time a firearm is drawn, it's out to slay someone, and that's just not the case. It's out to defend against threats of assault. Should a threat present itself and not comply with orders to stop, you then make the decision to stop that threat yourself, or not. Upon stopping a threat, death may result. That doesn't mean the shooter was willing or justified to kill; that's something later determined through investigation.

You do not draw while approaching a vehicle. If you are clearing a fucking building your should have a reason. You have to understand as a police officer if you have your gun out that is what they are going to be used for. If you do not intend to kill use less than lethal. I am a police office I know this stuff. 

People are very anti-police and can't see round their foolishness

They watch these videos where a guy is being a massive twat waving a camera into some policeman's face, no wonder why the situation escalates. If people actually had respect for the police, then they wouldn't be being a dick and filming them doing their job, which they have to do.

It is a constitutional right to film peace officers in America, Is exercising your right to film an officer bad? Im no fan of police BTW, they tend to overuse the power that they have.

That was probably an opinion