why my GTX 780 can't be overclocked more than 105% T_T

i found it on my installation folder. u don't?

Nope.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nope.

Type in Metro Last Light, open up the folder that is titled Metro Last Light and a Metro:Last Light Benchmark should be one of the applications.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Type in Metro Last Light, open up the folder that is titled Metro Last Light and a Metro:Last Light Benchmark should be one of the applications.

Oh, was looking at wrong folder, had to use steam and "browse local content"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wow.. holy shit.

You have taken the crown from me for worst ever ASIC score for a 780...

what is that mean? hahahaha

Yes, the main two GPU overclocking softwares are MSi AfterBurner and EVGA Precision X. Download MSI Afterburner as I am more familiar with it.

MSI after burner is already done sir. what should i do now?

what is that mean? hahahaha

your ASIC score is only an indicator of leakage based on the original design specs and testing done in a virtual simulation. It just means that as you clock your card higher, you need to increase voltage more than expected. Nvidia GPU boost will only increase voltage so much on its own, while manually increasing voltage yourself might be necessary to balance the increased leakage. how you choose to go about that if you do, do at your own risk.

I'm no expert, just sharing what I've learned from my own trials and research.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

MSI after burner is already done sir. what should i do now?

First, go into settings and adjust your fan curve to this:

Smart Fan Curve for MSI Afterburner

Next also in Settings, you need to checkmark the box "Unlock Voltage Control" and in the dropdown, select Extended MSI.  You will probably have to restart Afterburner at this point.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

your ASIC score is only an indicator of leakage based on the original design specs and testing done in a virtual simulation. It just means that as you clock your card higher, you need to increase voltage more than expected. Nvidia GPU boost will only increase voltage so much on its own, while manually increasing voltage yourself might be necessary to balance the increased leakage. how you choose to go about that if you do, do at your own risk.

I'm no expert, just sharing what I've learned from my own trials and research.

Yes, that is good advice.  If you choose to add voltage to your card, you do so at your own risk.  This is how you overclock your GPU.

It might not even be worth it to overclock your GPU, my ASIC score is 63.1%, and I cannot overclock it at all even if I add voltage, you probably wont have any better luck than me.  I am slightly worried that you are only scoring 1300 in Heaven though, you should be in the 1400's, close to 1500.  Not the end of the world, and your card is still incredibly strong, but compared to other 780s, well below average...  This is not an return-worthy complaint.  The other option is BIOS flashing the card, which I don't recommend because you are admittedly a novice, and it is somewhat technical, and it also scares the shit out of me.

I think it is in your best interest to leave the card alone and enjoy it at stock, it will still handle anything you throw at it. 

First, go into settings and adjust your fan curve to this:

Next also in Settings, you need to checkmark the box "Unlock Voltage Control" and in the dropdown, select Extended MSI.  You will probably have to restart Afterburner at this point.

done. next?

done. next?

Read the above three comments before you are sure that you want to continue.

Read the above three comments before you are sure that you want to continue.

yea.. just go dude. but, may i ask u something? can we do this at the safest level? safest clockspeed and safest everything? i don't want any over overclock.

hohoho

yea.. just go dude. but, may i ask u something? can we do this at the safest level? safest clockspeed and safest everything? i don't want any over overclock.

hohoho

On the "Core Clock" slider, keep adding +13Mhz and run Unigine Heaven until it doesn't work.  Don't touch voltage at all, only core clock.  Go up in increments of 13, and run unigine heaven.  If it freezes or crashes, that is normal, the program will close on its own.  Once you find the level it crashes at, back down by 13Mhz and that is your best stable result at stock voltage.  This is the most safe "overclock"   Chances are, you wont get very far.  The best I could do is +52 and my ASIC Score is 63.1%.  Even when I added voltage, nothing was stable.  But each card is unique, and ASIC is only part of the equation, still, it is better to err on the side of caution, see how high you can push it at stock voltage and report back.

On the "Core Clock" slider, keep adding +13Mhz and run Unigine Heaven until it doesn't work.  Don't touch voltage at all, only core clock.  Go up in increments of 13, and run unigine heaven.  If it freezes or crashes, that is normal, the program will close on its own.  Once you find the level it crashes at, back down by 13Mhz and that is your best stable result at stock voltage.  This is the most safe "overclock"   Chances are, you wont get very far.  The best I could do is +52 and my ASIC Score is 63.1%.  Even when I added voltage, nothing was stable.  But each card is unique, and ASIC is only part of the equation, still, it is better to err on the side of caution, see how high you can push it at stock voltage and report back.

it lower than before. i only got 1270 hahahaha

it lower than before. i only got 1270 hahahaha

Wait?  So you ran Unigine Heaven at stock Mhz, what was stock Mhz?  And it failed at stock Mhz?

Wait?  So you ran Unigine Heaven at stock Mhz, what was stock Mhz?  And it failed at stock Mhz?

nope, i added +13Mhz as u speak buddy.

Yes, that is good advice.  If you choose to add voltage to your card, you do so at your own risk.  This is how you overclock your GPU.

It might not even be worth it to overclock your GPU, my ASIC score is 63.1%, and I cannot overclock it at all even if I add voltage, you probably wont have any better luck than me.  I am slightly worried that you are only scoring 1300 in Heaven though, you should be in the 1400's, close to 1500.  Not the end of the world, and your card is still incredibly strong, but compared to other 780s, well below average...  This is not an return-worthy complaint.  The other option is BIOS flashing the card, which I don't recommend because you are admittedly a novice, and it is somewhat technical, and it also scares the shit out of me.

I think it is in your best interest to leave the card alone and enjoy it at stock, it will still handle anything you throw at it. 

The low Unigine score in this case may have to do with modified driver settings in the nvidia control center. anyone who runs heaven or valley to compare with other people will generally set texture filtering to performance, and anisatrophic filtering forced to off (or x2 for AMD). everything else like AA application controlled, and v-sync itself turned completely off. this isn't cheating, but is generally recommended to keep things at parity between different brands/models.

not saying this is the case, just a possible explanation.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

nope, i added +13Mhz as u speak buddy.

Are all of your drivers up to date?  What was the Mhz of your card before you added anything?

Are all of your drivers up to date?  What was the Mhz of your card before you added anything?

yes sir it's all up to date.

but, i changed the setting, i finally reach 1315. more than before hahaha...

is it safe to add +10 mV on the core voltage?

You can add up to 62mV, that is the limit though.  Each card is different.  Also, what may be stable in Unigine Heaven, may not be stable in another game.

How many Mhz over the stock Mhz were you able to get without increasing the voltage?

How many Mhz over the stock Mhz were you able to get without increasing the voltage?

now i'm doing +60 mhz with add +10 mV. i tried metro and everything's fine.

now i'm doing +60 mhz with add +10 mV. i tried metro and everything's fine.

Ok, just monitor temperatures and keep it below 80C

Ok, just monitor temperatures and keep it below 80C

aye aye sir. but, is it good to keep that +10 mV with that overclock? or should i give more?

aye aye sir. but, is it good to keep that +10 mV with that overclock? or should i give more?

As long as you are stable, +10mV is fine.  Just make sure that it is worth the increase in performance and the temperatures are safe.  Is it worth adding more voltage to your card for 1-2fps more?  Only you can be the judge of that.  If you are getting 5+fps, and temperatures are below 80C, then you are fine and I would personally be ok with it.  You are overclocking now, nothing is guaranteed and you are starting to push the limits, tread lightly.