why my GTX 780 can't be overclocked more than 105% T_T

i have a Gigabyte windforce GTX 780. as far as i watch youtube videos, people can overclock it around 109% to 115%. why i can't do it on my 780?

if i do it more than 105% it keeps turning into blue screen in minutes on every game i play.

what is wrong with it?

sorry, i'm just a newbie. 

if i change my mobo with fancy mobo like asus z97 deluxe or ROG series or maybe msi M-power. can i get more overclock limit? 

please gimme some advice if u don't mind :)

thx everyone

My friend, that's called the silicon lotto. You had no luck this time around.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

i have a Gigabyte windforce GTX 780. as far as i watch youtube videos, people can overclock it around 109% to 115%. why i can't do it on my 780?

if i do it more than 105% it keeps turning into blue screen in minutes on every game i play.

what is wrong with it?

if i change my mobo with fancy mobo like asus z97 deluxe or ROG series or maybe msi M-power. can i get more overclock limit? 

thx everyone

Silicon Lottery man...

My EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler will not go more than +50Mhz on the core no matter how much voltage I give it.  I am the un-proud owner of the lowest ever recorded ASIC score for a 780 at 63.1%.

The "last resort" option is to flash the BIOS which allows you to add even more than +62v.  It can be found on OC.net's 780 Owner's Club, it is called Skyn3t BIOS.  I have thought about doing the Skyn3t BIOS myself, but I am too much of a pussy to try something like that with my $500 GPU.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Every chip is different when it comes to overclocking.. It also could be that its voltage locked.Gigabyte like to voltage lock cards.

Ncs0RVn.png

I tried

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

what is wrong with it?

thx everyone

That's almost as bad as my friend; touch her CPU voltage and random BSODs begin. Mine? I can drop voltage by 80mV and OC by 300MHz, stable. She hates me for it. xD

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

btw, this is my benchmark test on Metro Last Light 

is it ok or i should go into my room and start crying like babies. hahaha

ouw.. what if i buy another 780 and put it on SLI config. but i'll make the new one as a primary GPU. is that a good solution?

Silicon Lottery man...

My EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler will not go more than +50Mhz on the core no matter how much voltage I give it.  I am the un-proud owner of the lowest ever recorded ASIC score for a 780 at 63.1%.

The "last resort" option is to flash the BIOS which allows you to add even more than +62v.  It can be found on OC.net's 780 Owner's Club, it is called Skyn3t BIOS.  I have thought about doing the Skyn3t BIOS myself, but I am too much of a pussy to try something like that with my $500 GPU.

yea.. i know how it feels since i'm not a millionaire. i don't feel so comfortable with that idea. hahahahaha

btw, this is my benchmark test on Metro Last Light 

is it ok or i should go into my room and start crying like babies. hahaha

ouw.. what if i buy another 780 and put it on SLI config. but i'll make the new one as a primary GPU. is that a good solution?

What resolution are you playing at?  For 1080p, stick with your single 780.  MLL is a brutal game, can't judge everything based on one game not running at 60fps.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

yea.. i know how it feels since i'm not a millionaire. i don't feel so comfortable with that idea. hahahahaha

Run Unigine Heaven and let me know what your score is.

What resolution are you playing at?  For 1080p, stick with your single 780.  MLL is a brutal game, can't judge everything based on one game not running at 60fps.

im playing at 1920x1200 with everything maxed. is it a good result?

Run Unigine Heaven and let me know what your score is.

can i download it for free? share me the link please if u dont mind :)

can i download it for free? share me the link please if u dont mind :)

https://unigine.com/products/heaven/download/

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

im playing at 1920x1200 with everything maxed. is it a good result?

I just did the MLL Benchmark, same exact settings as you except 1920x1080p  My Average was 41.85fps.

Unigine Heaven should be around 58fps all maxed out.

what is wrong with it?

thx everyone

You lost the silicon lottery, I guess if you wanted to commit fraud you could intentionally kill it by running fur mark for a week straight and RMA it (Not serious, don't do that)

I just did the MLL Benchmark, same exact settings as you except 1920x1080p My Average was 41.85fps.

Unigine Heaven should be around 58fps all maxed out.

Do u also use gtx 780 buddy?

Do u also use gtx 780 buddy?

Yes... you liked the post where I said I also have a GTX 780 and I can't OC worth a damn. 

You lost the silicon lottery, I guess if you wanted to commit fraud you could intentionally kill it by running fur mark for a week straight and RMA it (Not serious, don't do that)

Don't worry buddy. I usually use my beloved for rendering 3D for hours. Hahahaha... She gets the torture already :D

M:LL is one of three games that cannot be run at maximum graphics settings at 60+FPS with the 780.

That is a completely normal result, and I find M:LL to be very playable at 45fps.  I have everything at maximum except SSAA, it is at 2x instead of 4x and I play comfortably at 45fps.  This is a beautiful, visually immersive single player game, not an online multiplayer FPS.  This is the type of game where I am ok running it at less than 60fps in order to take in all of the beauty of the game.  A game like Battlefield4, you want 60+ FPS and V-Sync on(with a 60Hz monitor) because your success depends on getting the visuals as fast as possible.

Yes... you liked the post where I said I also have a GTX 780 and I can't OC worth a damn.

Aahhh.. Sorry i did't put my attention really well. Hhmmm.. Mine must be a bit lower than yours since im using a bigger resolution. But, may i ask u, will fancy motherboard give me a significant improvements? I plan to buy z97 deluxe sooner, maybe.

M:LL is one of three games that cannot be run at maximum graphics settings at 60+FPS with the 780.

That is a completely normal result, and I find M:LL to be very playable at 45fps. I have everything at maximum except SSAA, it is at 2x instead of 4x and I play comfortably at 45fps. This is a beautiful, visually immersive single player game, not an online multiplayer FPS. This is the type of game where I am ok running it at less than 60fps in order to take in all of the beauty of the game. A game like Battlefield4, you want 60+ FPS and V-Sync on(with a 60Hz monitor) because your success depends on getting the visuals as fast as possible.

Yea.. I usually use 3x SSAA and everything runs quite well on my 60Hz dell U2410. I love this game. A lot better than the prequel which wasn't good at all