why my GTX 780 can't be overclocked more than 105% T_T

I have the same problem with mine. I even have 80.1% ASIC but that doesn't seem to make a difference -.-

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

As long as you are stable, +10mV is fine. Just make sure that it is worth the increase in performance and the temperatures are safe. Is it worth adding more voltage to your card for 1-2fps more? Only you can be the judge of that. If you are getting 5+fps, and temperatures are below 80C, then you are fine and I would personally be ok with it. You are overclocking now, nothing is guaranteed and you are starting to push the limits, tread lightly.

Yea everything's fine on 70-72 degree. Thx for your assist sir. If i have another prob, may i asking for help again sir? :)

Yea everything's fine on 70-72 degree. Thx for your assist sir. If i have another prob, may i asking for help again sir? :)

Not at all, happy to help.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Silicon Lottery man...

My EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler will not go more than +50Mhz on the core no matter how much voltage I give it.  I am the un-proud owner of the lowest ever recorded ASIC score for a 780 at 63.1%.

The "last resort" option is to flash the BIOS which allows you to add even more than +62v.  It can be found on OC.net's 780 Owner's Club, it is called Skyn3t BIOS.  I have thought about doing the Skyn3t BIOS myself, but I am too much of a pussy to try something like that with my $500 GPU.

i have flashed my cards dozens of times my first gen evga sc($700 release week) with asic of 82.5 can do 1241mhz core and 1800mhz mem without issues my secondary more recent Zotac amp!($500 end of july2014) with 79.4 can go a bit further. the newer EVGA cards seem to have  significantly lower Asic since release, buddy of mine got one couple weeks ago and his was 60% or so.

i have flashed my cards dozens of times my first gen evga sc with asic of 82.5 can do 1241mhz core and 1800mhz mem without issues my secondary more recent Zotac amp with 79.4 can go a bit further

I have thought about flashing my BIOS... I do have my 780 liquid cooled via G10 mod and heat sinks... I am deathly afraid of fucking it up though and $500 down the drain.  Right now, the best I can do is 1110Mhz on the Core without adding any voltage.  Is it really worth risking a broken GPU for an additional 10% performance?  Maybe when I move up to 1440p....

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I have thought about flashing my BIOS... I do have my 780 liquid cooled via G10 mod and heat sinks... I am deathly afraid of fucking it up though and $500 down the drain.  Right now, the best I can do is 1110Mhz on the Core without adding any voltage.  Is it really worth risking a broken GPU for an additional 10% performance?  Maybe when I move up to 1440p....

honestly the process is the easiest thing you can do all you need are:

1. bootable USB (i use a 32GB patriot usb3)

2. the bios you want to flash

3.about 5 minutes of your time

without looking it up the steps are:

1, format a usb,

2. run the hp disk storage utlity on the drive and make it a bootable DOS with the windows 98folder from the OC thread,

3. place the downloaded bios you want which is prob 80.10.3a.00.80 on the drive rename it to "new.rom"

4. reboot the pc and make sure it boots to the usb drive

5. type in:

"dir"          <-----lists whats on the drive

"nvflash -a"   <--fetches the installed display adapters or gpus

"nvflash -b backup.rom"  <-- backs up the current bios to a .rom  you can name it whatever.rom aslong as its less than 8 characters long  "xxxxxxxx.rom"

"nvflash -6 new.rom"  <-- the actual flash command

hit y or whatever

wait several seconds and confirm if it was successful it wont actually flash if it cant do it

ctrl alt del and reboot into windows and enjoy the benefits of not having gpu boost enabled etc

if you wanna restore the bios with the same usb:

"dir"

"nvflash -a"

"nvflash -6 backup.rom"

since im pretty bad at guides etc this might be easier to understand http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

snip

Wow, that is explained in a much simpler way than on the OC.net 780 Owner's Club.  I already have a 32GB USB drive and everything.  I just don't have a real need to do it yet.  When I get 1440p  then I will have a real need to do it.

Wow, that is explained in a much simpler way than on the OC.net 780 Owner's Club.  I already have a 32GB USB drive and everything.  I just don't have a real need to do it yet.  When I get 1440p  then I will have a real need to do it.

you only need like a 2 or 4 gbb drive i just used mine as reference lol

• 4 years later...