GTX 560 Downclocking At Normal Temps?

RubyRoks

This is the second time i've posted about my PNY GTX 560 Downclocking. The card isn't even hitting 60 Degrees right now, yet it's running at half speed. I'm having this issue in DayZ, Guns of Icarus, and TES4 Oblivion. I'm also running into this in other games and applications, but i've chalked it up to it only utilizing what it needs, as they aren't demanding on GPU's (I.E Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Assault Cube)

What are possible causes for this and how should i go about fixing it?

it should also be mentioned that i'm running EVGA Precision to monitor temps, fan speed, and voltage. I am not overclocking, but i have tried it VERY modestly (100 MHz on the core and that's it)

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

DayZ (mod and standalone) is notorious for not utilizing the GPU fully while still unnecessarily raising the temperatures (the game isn't exactly really pretty), Guns of Icarus simply doesn't push GPU's very hard (in my experience) although it SHOULD still run at the advertised clock speed, and Oblivion...dunno.

My first thought would be to reinstall drivers, shits 'n' giggles at this point.

The issue I have with this, is that games don't specifically control the clock speed. Maybe try underclocking it yourself, intentionally, ~50MHz or so and see if it holds that stable? Are there any games that DO utilize the full clock speed?

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

DayZ (mod and standalone) is notorious for not utilizing the GPU fully while still unnecessarily raising the temperatures (the game isn't exactly really pretty), Guns of Icarus simply doesn't push GPU's very hard (in my experience) although it SHOULD still run at the advertised clock speed, and Oblivion...dunno.

My first thought would be to reinstall drivers, shits 'n' giggles at this point.

The issue I have with this, is that games don't specifically control the clock speed. Maybe try underclocking it yourself, intentionally, ~50MHz or so and see if it holds that stable? Are there any games that DO utilize the full clock speed?

BFBC2, Minecraft(as far as i know), CoD: World At War, You Have To Win The Game, ArmA Gold, Fallout 3, The Hidden, and Dolphin all use the GPU at the rated clock speed. I'll try the underclock and get back to you on the results. If that doesn't work, i'll redo my drivers.

EDIT: I couldn't underclock with EVGA Precision, so that's a no-go.

BFBC2, Minecraft(as far as i know), CoD: World At War, You Have To Win The Game, ArmA Gold, Fallout 3, The Hidden, and Dolphin all use the GPU at the rated clock speed. I'll try the underclock and get back to you on the results. If that doesn't work, i'll redo my drivers.

EDIT: I couldn't underclock with EVGA Precision, so that's a no-go.

Then I personally, honestly don't know what the issue could be. Have you tried running your GPU fans a bit harder, in case the temperature reading is somehow inaccurate? (which it really shouldn't be)

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Then I personally, honestly don't know what the issue could be. Have you tried running your GPU fans a bit harder, in case the temperature reading is somehow inaccurate? (which it really shouldn't be)

i set my fan profiles in precision to run fairly aggressively. I'm at as much of a loss as you.