As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure

Victorious Secret

gold-nanotech-2.jpg

Ebola is pretty nasty, and perhaps breakthroughs in this could lead to kicking the ass of other viruses that have so far eluded our crafty science. 

What makes finding a vaccine or cure such a formidable job is that the virus mutates so quickly. How do you pin down and treat something that is continually changing?

Thomas Webster, professor and chairman of bioengineering and chemical engineering at Northeastern, may have an answer to that -- nanotechnology.

Webster is working to develop nanoparticles that can stop the ebola virus from mutating and kill it.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9250497/As_Ebola_death_toll_rises_scientists_work_on_nanotech_cure

Solution to Ebola:

Thicken your blood, drink this stuff.

0076172005010_500X500.jpg

In all seriousness, I hope they can stop it from spreading. Diseases are no fun.

Aww hell yeah, nano bots is the next step to health monitoring and real time combating of biologically hostile pathogens. 

EDIT: Cancer cells being selected and killed off by nanobots in your blood stream, not targeting healthy cells imagine how awesome that would be. Fixing areas of your body in real time, it could potential replace some dangerous surgery procedures. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Most of our health problems would be solved with nano robots that could track down a rouge cell or a foreign microorganism, it would basically put vaccines out of business. It's the next step in health revolution and I hope it's not that far off. 

WHO still has no intentions of closing borders. Are we waiting that Ebola spreads here first i guess?

Nonobots yes pls.

But the hardest thing about biomedical engineering is making something that doesn't screw with normal processes in the body. You wouldn't want the cells to metabolize all the nanobots xD

Git Gud.

Aww hell yeah, nano bots is the next step to health monitoring and real time combating of biologically hostile pathogens. 

EDIT: Cancer cells being selected and killed off by nanobots in your blood stream, not targeting healthy cells imagine how awesome that would be. Fixing areas of your body in real time, it could potential replace some dangerous surgery procedures. 

for this major upside there are all the downsides of biological and nano weaponry for war. im happy but at the same time there is a major downside to this technology 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.