AMD motherboards, watercooling and SATA Express?

Alir

Do AMD have any motherboards that you can watercool such as the Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard?

Do AMD compatible motherboards come with SATA Express ports, will they include this future and if not, why not?

I can't find any that have SATA express ports.

Do AMD have any motherboards that you can watercool such as the Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard?

Do AMD compatible motherboards come with SATA Express ports, will they include this future and if not, why not?

I can't find any that have SATA express ports.

no. maybe there are some waterblocks that EK does. go check their page

no, they do not, the AM3+ boards dont even have pcie3 and the fm2+ doesnt have it so far

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

No SATA Express or MSata i think. AMD chipsets arent updated enough i think and just dont support it like Intels H/Z97+ do.

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

no. maybe there are some waterblocks that EK does. go check their page

no, they do not, the AM3+ boards dont even have pcie3 and the fm2+ doesnt have it so far

Im pretty sure FM2+ have PCI3

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Im pretty sure FM2+ have PCI3

bad wording, i meant it doesnt have m.2 or SATAe

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

bad wording, i meant it doesnt have m.2 or SATAe

not sure why it doesnt though. Maybe CPU support? Or just chipset? not totally sure

Current 

not sure why it doesnt though. Maybe CPU support? Or just chipset? not totally sure

id say the number of lanes isnt really adequate.

id say the number of lanes isnt really adequate.

True... But im happy cause im getting Intel next :P even though im more than happy with my current AMD motherboard for now, has all the features i need and priced very nicely :P

Current 

Yeah when it comes to features like these AMD´s chipsets are pretty outdated by now.

FM2+ does come with 16x PCIe 3.0 at least.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

That's a shame. AMD processors would be a lot more worth it if their motherboards had more features.

AM3+ chipset is old and won't support newer technologies and AMD CPU cores are slow and unefficient and they consume a lot more energy...only thing nice with AMD is that it's cheap to buy so perfect for budget builds...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

That's a shame. AMD processors would be a lot more worth it if their motherboards had more features.

not really...in terms of IPC (instructions per clock) they fall behind intel's nehalem architecture wich dates back to 2008...they really arent that good especially for gaming.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

AM3+ chipset is old and won't support newer technologies and AMD CPU cores are slow and unefficient and they consume a lot more energy...only thing nice with AMD is that it's cheap to buy so perfect for budget builds...

That is the only reason i would go with AMD, for budget builds. My rule is anything 850 dollars or more, i would try to go with atleast an i5.

Current 

That is the only reason i would go with AMD, for budget builds. My rule is anything 850 dollars or more, i would try to go with atleast an i5.

I built PCs for clients and friends and TBH other than they insist on an AMD I would never recommend their CPUs nowadays... you get just so much more with an i5 even a small not OC able one.

And the i7 are in another league anyways. Play a title like Arma III on a AMD like the FX8350 and then on a i7... the difference is huge. Or in MMO gaming...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I built PCs for clients and friends and TBH other than they insist on an AMD I would never recommend their CPUs nowadays... you get just so much more with an i5 even a small not OC able one.

And the i7 are in another league anyways. Play a title like Arma III on a AMD like the FX8350 and then on a i7... the difference is huge. Or in MMO gaming...

Exactly. AMD doesnt seem to make any attempts on introducing new AM3+ CPU's but are now just rebranding the same  crap but with junk coolers and  a little higher clocks which still cant compete with an i5+

Current 

A88X chipset supports PCI-E 3.0. Actually all FM2+ boards support it as long as you're using an FM2+ APU.

Edit: nevermind, saw your next post

nope, if you're doing a custom loop you can afford intel so no point.

and they don't have sata express, m.2 or pcie 3.0 because 9xx series chipsets date back to 2011 when that didn't exist. (a comparible intel chipset is p67)

Exactly. AMD doesnt seem to make any attempts on introducing new AM3+ CPU's but are now just rebranding the same  crap but with junk coolers and  a little higher clocks which still cant compete with an i5+

True.

The really bad thing here is that AMD has literally nothing to compete until the end of 2015 or beginning of 2016... Intel will with broadwell and 14NM wipe the floor with AMD CPUs way harder than they alreday do... and it is not that Intel´s i5 are not in a budget built price range. Take a i5 4430-4460. A good bit under 200 USD but already good enough for highend GPUs without bottlenecking anything...

A88X chipset supports PCI-E 3.0. Actually all FM2+ boards support it as long as you're using an FM2+ APU.

i said in my next post i worded it poorly. i meant m.2 and satae

i said in my next post i worded it poorly. i meant m.2 and satae

Yup, I just saw your other post.

Eh, that's a tough call for me (of course I build on top-end parts all the time so I'm definitely biased). If you want cheap gaming, the 7850k is not a bad choice, and with DX 12 being confirmed to work on all GCN architecture, you could see it run games in the future better than it does now. For me budget gaming is like 750TI Windforce vs. the A10 7850k in terms of price/performance.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Eh, that's a tough call for me (of course I build on top-end parts all the time so I'm definitely biased). If you want cheap gaming, the 7850k is not a bad choice, and with DX 12 being confirmed to work on all GCN architecture, you could see it run games in the future better than it does now. For me budget gaming is like 750TI Windforce vs. the A10 7850k in terms of price/performance.

I chose the 265 for my budget build over the 750Ti

Current 

I chose the 265 for my budget build over the 750Ti

Hmm, usually budget people also have to watch power bills in addition to initial expense. I can go compare the power needs of both cards.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hmm, usually budget people also have to watch power bills in addition to initial expense. I can go compare the power needs of both cards.

In my case, i didnt mind at all, i just wanted the best performance for the price. I love my card! Plays BF4 Ultra 35-40 FPS

Current 

In my case, i didnt mind at all, i just wanted the best performance for the price. I love my card! Plays BF4 Ultra 35-40 FPS

1080p, 1440p, 4K?