Best boots for winter

nokturrduk84

I know it's completely off-topic thread, but anyway... What's the best boots for going in for example in Arctic where there might be -40 celsius. I mean, what's warmest things you can wear there on feet?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I don't know, but lingerie models are pretty hot...

TSSSSSS

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Uggs or something? Nah JK i have no idea man...

Interested in Business and Technology

The best boots are staying inside and sitting by the fire.

While I could happily google around and find something to recommend

If you are spending time at minus 40, you should probably find a mountaineering forum and ask there, its a serious question and you do not want bad advice that somebody googled

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I need to find what boots I have because they're pretty awesome. Wore them for a couple of minutes and my feet were sweating, and it was only -7C outside.

Check the brand called Baffin.. if its just cold weather with wind and snow. but not sure they awesome for rocky surfaces and such. :P

Just put some AMD stock coolers on your feet, they are known for making stuff heat up Kappa

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

we really need to know what your using them for.... if your tromping through snow you may wanna get a good pair of mucklucs or what ever the big old seal skin things are that eskinos wear... if your just walking down the street there are probably 100-200 differentboots you could get that would do the job

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

Maybe not ideal advice, but some cheap-ish paratrooper's combat boots are quite good IMO for up to -20°C at least. Others say their feet get quite cold in them, I haven't felt it. They don't have any fur or anything, they're just leather and canvas, so your feet may freeze if it get's colder than that.

I have some cheap Mil-Tec jump boots myself, good for nearly all-year round usage (not summer though, too hot), and 50€ for those boots was a worthy purchase for me. They do tend to collect a lot of snow on the sole, so going inside while wearing them can be slippery.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I've had a pair of these for two years now. They're great during winter

A1695_zpsd6f350ad.jpg

Seriously. This style of boot is a good choice for reeeeeeeeeeeeally cold winters. 

I've worked outside in -24* weather (8 hour days) And i only had to go inside to thaw my nose and fingers. My feet were alright 

Things to look for.

Gore-Tex and proper insulation.

That they are covering most of your ankle. (Because getting snow in your boot is the worst thing ever. And can lead to massive problems if you can't dry the boot within a couple of hours)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

High end walking boots. You have also got to take into account that if you are walking in these boots for a long period of time, your feet will naturally heat up. So, I recommend a good, warm pair of walking boots, that have been properly fitted too your feet, thin, yes thin socks, but good ones as they will allow your sweat to be released and not cause your foot to get suddenly cold. If it were me, I would just wear my snowboard boots as they are stupidly comfortable and warm, but not that ideal for walking or hiking. 

Then again it's not going to be the boots that keep you warm, but it will be your layers. As long as you are moving, or you have layered up your clothing correctly, then you will be perfectly fine. 

Speaking from riding my snowboard in sub 20-30 degrees Celsius, where good clothing and excellent layering is needed. If you're just going to be sat around, then it doesn't matter what clothing you have, you're going to be cold or freezing.  

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"