Need some advice on choosing a headset

Redliquid

Hi!

So i'm concidering getting a pair of new headphones,
after looking through a bunch of review from linus the 3 i found most interessting are 

Senheiser Momentum On-Ear

Audtio Technica ATH-M50

SteelSeries 9H (Might not work on my phone)?

I'd like them to be well isolated from outside noise so i can hear the music well even when im walking around in a city with cars around me or if im on a tram,
so NOISE ISOLATION IS Nr.1.

Otherwise overall good audio quality is important, I'd like the vocals to be clean and not drowned out by bass wich has been my past experience. Bass is cool when it goes BAAWWW but hearing vocals would be cool.

Finally the ATH-M50 seem most comftrable but the Momentum seem more easy to handle since they're smaller.

What are you guys thoughts about these 3?
Do you have anny other sugestions than them?

Tell me why you prefere them!

I already have a pair of Astro A-40's for gaming at the computer so mic isnt a must at all.

Thanks! and sorry for horrible English!

Redliquid~

there is a difference between headsets and headphones.

and out of those the momentum's and a mic if you need that

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I never liked on-ears, but that's my opinion, so I'd go with the Audio Technika. Don't have any idea about Sennheiser's closed headphones sound but I imagine they're decent. I think they're really made for travel though.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

I never liked on-ears, but that's my opinion, so I'd go with the Audio Technika. Don't have any idea about Sennheiser's closed headphones sound but I imagine they're decent. I think they're really made for travel though.

Im unsure about em to since they're on ear but Linus had no problems with em once they molded to his ears,

Travle is what they'll mostley be used for i think ^^

I'd like to know wich are best isolated to outside noise though...Annyone got anny idea about that?

Redliquid~

there is a difference between headsets and headphones.

and out of those the momentum's and a mic if you need that

Why would you pick the Momentum over the ATH-M50?

What's the difference?

I just want things on my ear wich isolate the music that that things in in my ear play from outside noises : D

Btw it feels like i recognise your profile pic from somewhere...it reminds me of Oddworld,

Where's it from?

Edited by Redliquid

Redliquid~

Im unsure about em to since they're on ear but Linus had no problems with em once they molded to his ears,

Travle is what they'll mostley be used for i think ^^

I'd like to know wich are best isolated to outside noise though...Annyone got anny idea about that?

Don't buy anything just because what Linus felt. You do not have Linus' ears.

As long as you buy a closed headphones they will isolate you from outside noise. I have Sennheiser PX-200 II and they isolate really well. If you want to go Audio-technica route, then consider M40x instead of M50(x), due to them being cheaper but being equal (some even say better) in sound quality.

Why would you pick the Momentum over the ATH-M50?

What's the difference?

I just want things on my ear wich isolate the music that that things in in my ear play from outside noises : D

Btw it feels like i recognise your profile pic from somewhere...it reminds me of Oddworld,

Where's it from?

i painted it a few years back, dont know of Oddworld :P

also the Momentum are better than the M50's and look better for when one goes out

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

i painted it a few years back, dont know of Oddworld :P

also the Momentum are better than the M50's and look better for when one goes out

I agree that they look better, But what makes them better otherwise? have you tried both?

Redliquid~

Should have made it a poll. Personally i would go with the AT headphones.

I'd like to know why they think i should get X over Y not just wich one they'd pick without knowing the reason =)

Redliquid~

I'd like to know why they think i should get X over Y not just wich one they'd pick without knowing the reason =)

Fair enough. I just think you would get more input that way ^^. Either way, if you ever have the money i would say get any of the V-Moda headphones and then get the mic attachment. One of the better headsets i have used, You just need to get a steel coil to put around the mic are to make it stay. Other than that it is the best sounding and best recording headset I have ever used. I will never go back.

I'm wondering if there's a big difference between the normal Senheiser Momentum and the Senheiser Momentum *On-Ear*,
Does annyone have anny information on that? I know the material on the ears is different, Maybe harder? does it isolate sound equally well?

Redliquid~