Lenovo (world's largest PC maker) now sells more smartphones than PCs

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/14/6001659/lenovo-sells-more-smartphones-than-pcs

The world's largest PC maker, Lenovo, now sells more smartphones than PCs. In an earnings report issued today, Lenovo revealed the swing to smartphones thanks to sales more than doubling between April and June. Lenovo sold 15.8 million smartphones in the recent quarter, compared to 14.5 million PC sales. Lenovo says its rise in smartphone sales can be attributed to the market shifting from premium handsets to the mainstream, and increasing demand from emerging markets.

I knew that Lenovo made smartphones. I knew that they made good and inexpensive smartphones. I never knew that they sold that many smartphones though. Lenovo, quite frankly, just isn't a thing here in the USA, smartphone wise. Could you get one of their phones here? Sure, but hardly anybody even knows that Lenovo makes smartphones in the first place...

So I can tell you where all or most of these sales are coming from: China. It only makes sense. Why? Because Lenovo is a Chinese company, and China is their home territory. Not only that, but China is the most populated country in the world, and it's one of the emerging smartphone markets. So as you can see, Lenovo is banking on that, big time.

You know what I say about this? Good job Lenovo. You seriously deserve it. IMO you make great products at a fairly good cost, and it only makes sense that you've become this successful. It is CERTAINLY surprising to see that their smartphone sales are greater than their computer sales though. Just...I never thought I would see the day...

Either way, after seeing this, I am seriously considering getting a Lenovo smartphone now...

fdc60fbcf8.png

As a side note, if you wish to see their smartphones, you can go right here: http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/smartphones/

COMIC SANS

I have liked some of Lenovos more premium phones, I think they will be the new Motorola. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

On our university we use Lenovo PCs on the labs, I want one of those SO bad, it's an awful prebuilt like usual, but the case is amazing! It's like a professional more serious looking MSI nighblade, very solid and with a lot of airflow, it's very compact, yet manages to fit a mATX motherboard and dual front 120mm fans.

They have a i7 3770K, 4GB of ram, a generic PSU, a 500GB barracuda HDD and a Nvidia GT 610 LOL. I would steal one just for the case (and the CPU too).

I want to see Lenovo phones on the western market, I've seen many of them on websites and look pretty interesing options if the priced correctly.

I have liked some of Lenovos more premium phones, I think they will be the new Motorola. 

Well Lenovo bought Motorola from Google.

Was that for sure? Did they actually do it. I never thought to check.

I liked my Razr M, and if I can't get another Sony, then Lenovo will be the next choice. 

Just saying, but they made smartphones well before purchasing Motorola from Google. The Motorola purchase will just make their smartphones so much better, and I am A-okay with that.

COMIC SANS

I have never seen someone with Lenovo smartphone 

Again, they're basically nonexistent in the USA, and in most parts of the world as well. They really should officially sell their phones here... I'd buy one...

COMIC SANS

On our university we use Lenovo PCs on the labs, I want one of those SO bad, it's an awful prebuilt like usual, but the case is amazing! It's like a professional more serious looking MSI nighblade, very solid and with a lot of airflow, it's very compact, yet manages to fit a mATX motherboard and dual front 120mm fans.

They have a i7 3770K, 4GB of ram, a generic PSU, a 500GB barracuda HDD and a Nvidia GT 610 LOL. I would steal one just for the case (and the CPU too).

I want to see Lenovo phones on the western market, I've seen many of them on websites and look pretty interesing options if the priced correctly.

K CPU in an OEM?

"Rawr XD"

I imagine most of their sales would actually come from India, not China. Almost an equally large country population wise.

I also didn't know that Lenovo that made smartphones because their not popular here in the US.

they're*

They are ;)

Again, they're basically nonexistent in the USA, and in most parts of the world as well. They really should officially sell their phones here... I'd buy one...

I find their phones are decent, but are always lacking in a couple ways compared to other brands.
The North American market is a very hard one to crack. They'll likely do that with Motorola and leave the Lenovo branded phones for the rest of the world.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I imagine most of their sales would actually come from India, not China. Almost an equally large country population wise.

they're*

They are ;)

I find their phones are decent, but are always lacking in a couple ways compared to other brands.

The North American market is a very hard one to crack. They'll likely do that with Motorola and leave the Lenovo branded phones for the rest of the world.

I want the carbon fiber back!

They'll likely do that with Motorola and leave the Lenovo branded phones for the rest of the world.

They would be stupid to not do that. Motorola is a long time favorite American brand, and it's well established.

COMIC SANS

I have never seen someone with Lenovo smartphone 

I ordered a Lenovo K900 and I was so hyped about it. It came and although I loved the phone itself, which was amazing in terms of speed, aesthetics and build quality, turns out it's useless to me as the  K900 doesn't support 1700MHz AWS frequencies on 3G, even though for some reason GSMarena says it does. Without this frequency it won't work with my service provider, so I had to sell it.

"Rawr XD"

I forgot they made smartphones, to be honest.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Would be nice to get a hold of one of their dual-SIM smartphones - more phones need dual-SIM. 

Love their laptops, particularly the Thinkpad brand. Very solid laptops. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

K CPU in an OEM?

Yeah, it doesn't even have a Z77 motherboard, it's a B75 OEM no idea who made it.

Yeah, it doesn't even have a Z77 motherboard, it's a B75 OEM no idea who made it.

Yeah I just saw in a Best Buy flyer an HP desktop with a 4770K that was branded as "unlocked and overclockable". Yeah... if you're willing to replace the OEM motherboard and cooler .-.

"Rawr XD"