How terrible is my internet?

Firearm2112

It isnt cheap, so I know its not a price problem. I have a cisco router with 2.4 and 5ghz channels. 

3690041391.png

If its terrible, any ideas how I can make it better?

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I believe you can upgrade to the higher tier plan for an extra $5 a month.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

i get like 350kb/s download, 60kb/s upload

so don't complain  <_<

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

thats better than mine, i download games on steam at about 7 mb/s 

It's fucking horrible.

Google fiber is a minimum requirement to be super sand legend.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Mine

3690060123.png

I want google fiber why don't I live in Provo why do I have to live in Orem (basically Provo surrounds Orem on three sides)

and on steam I only get 1.7 mb/s max and it averages around 600 kb/s

i get like 350kb/s download, 60kb/s upload

so don't complain  <_<

I hate this logic. Who cares what you have? Just because your internet sucks doesn't mean he can't complain. (which he wasn't).

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Guys stop posting internet speeds we already have a thread for that... also I would kill for that internet right now tbh especially the upload.

its decent

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

That really isnt that bad, it could be a whole lot worse

Steam is another story for me. Steam downloads cap out of 2.5mb/s for me

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

3690057528.png

That's through a powerline adapter.. I get 80down downstairs :(

Do you have dental floss for wiring in your house?

Thats megabytes where as speed test shows it in megabits, 7MB/s is really good.

Steam shows download speed in megabytes per second, not megabit. You have to multiply it by 8 to get your speed in mbps.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Better then mine.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

i would kill some one for that internet connection my is 1.4mbs down and 600 up

I hate this logic. Who cares what you have? Just because your internet sucks doesn't mean he can't complain. (which he wasn't).

Only reason OP would want/require more net speed than what he has, is if he wants to set up his own private game server, or to torrent more.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I have 6/1.5 and with my modem rental ($5) and unlimited usage ($10) and tax I pay close to $50 per month for it. :S

Start Communications ... start.ca

As for the OP's internet it depends on what you are doing with it and how much you pay for it to tell whether it is terrible or not for you.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Built in 1867 so yup pretty close.

Moving to a much newer house next year though :)

Awesome!

Only reason OP would want/require more net speed than what he has, is if he wants to set up his own private game server, or to torrent more.

Or to download things faster? Are you serious? By your logic google fiber is useless. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Built in 1867 so yup pretty close.

Moving to a much newer house next year though :)

My house was build in the late 50s so its bad but not that bad

I have 6/1.5 and with my modem rental ($5) and unlimited usage ($10) and tax I pay close to $50 per month for it. :S

Start Communications ... start.ca

As for the OP's internet it depends on what you are doing with it and how much you pay for it to tell whether it is terrible or not for you.

Cant you get Shaw there?