After you build your PC...

CyanOG

What do you do in terms of software which is the next step do you install the motherboard first using the disk provided or windows 7 I know that once you do all that you still should go online and update all your hardware drivers..

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

ninite, throw out all the disks that came with your parts.

go to MB manufacturers site and download all your drivers, download GPU drivers from AMD or Nvidia.

And you should have installed 8.1, not 7.  

Error: 410

Windows 7 then drivers and such.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You have to install windows first. the CD that came with the motherboard contain the drivers which you install in windows as soon as it is up and running. I would recommend to only install the network driver from the cd and to download the rest from the manufacturers website.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

What do you do in terms of software which is the next step do you install the motherboard first using the disk provided or windows 7 I know that once you do all that you still should go online and update all your hardware drivers..

Install Windows 7, install ethernet driver only from the motherboard disc (if you need to), then go online and update all drivers

"Rawr XD"

install>motherboard drivers first>gpu drivers>any other driver that might be needed>the web browser you want>vlc>7z

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

download drivers, then get firefox and everything else.

I don't use Ninite because I keep certain applications on my SSHD and some on my SSD, and there are issues with installing in multiple locations using Ninite

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Hey, don't hate 7! Maybe he had some stuff that didn't work very well in 8.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

My dad didn't want to pay for windows so he got his friend to put it on a disc and that's what I'm putting in so windows first than network driver than install the rest from Asus website .. Got it

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Do you just install the latest drivers or do you put them on a flash drive

Do you just install the latest drivers or do you put them on a flash drive

You put them on a floppy disk and you do the rain dance with a waffle on your head.

But no you install them. If you want to keep them on a USB drive to use them the next time around you can do that but I'd just redownload everything when you need to since anyway there's going to be new patches then.

throw out all the disks that came with your parts.

I prefer to keep the discs around in case something should happen.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Install OS

i use the disc to install LAN drivers, otherwise. . . haha 

but apart from that everything else off website

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

go to MB manufacturers site and download all your drivers, download GPU drivers from AMD or Nvidia.

There are legitimate reasons to get 7. In my favorite game, the FPS cap for Win 8/8.1 is 75, and the Win 7 FPS Cap is 83. It may not seem like much, but in high-tier PvP it makes a really big difference.

Here goes 

1. Win 8.1 or the OS you want

2. Network driver from Motherboard CD then just store it somewhere.

3. All video card drivers downloaded from the interwebs ( http://www.geforce.com/drivers  or  http://www.support.amd.com/en-us/download )

4. All other drivers from your system products sites (motherboard, SSD)

5. Update your Bios if need be

6. Install your apps

7. Run burn in apps at stock speeds (CINEBENCH_R15, 3DMark, Unigine_Heaven-4.0)

That's about it I'm not going into overclocking for there's a ton of guides out there for that some are on LTT forums.

Most of all have fun! 

Drivers, then Ninite, then software not in Ninite, then personalization of the software, reboot twice, initial defrag (with UltimateDefrag), reboot twice, and finally benchmarks and monitoring...

There are legitimate reasons to get 7. In my favorite game, the FPS cap for Win 8/8.1 is 75, and the Win 7 FPS Cap is 83. It may not seem like much, but in high-tier PvP it makes a really big difference.

And there are legitimate reasons to get XP, my point still stands.

Others can use discretion for circumstances which, if not stated, I will not assume. 

OK thanks for all the help everyone I'll let you all know how the build goes I'll be building Saturday

First install LAN driver from disc if that pc is your only source of web, then get the rest from web.

Personally I will always gather a USB stick of all the drivers/utils I want to put on a new machine beforehand and just slot that shit in and run them one by one but some people don't have that luxury if it's their only machine.

First thing I do is test every components outside of windows, with a live CD or some bootable software. Still on a live CD, I use a website like www.my-config.com/en  to truly find the latest drivers for my components, because motherboard manufacturers only bother to update their page so often before they stop. After that I install Windows, the drivers, windows updates and the couple of softwares I use.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

First install LAN driver from disc if that pc is your only source of web, then get the rest from web.

Personally I will always gather a USB stick of all the drivers/utils I want to put on a new machine beforehand and just slot that shit in and run them one by one but some people don't have that luxury if it's their only machine.

after win7 it should do it automagically if it's not wifi, even then it might sometimes. 

after win7 it should do it automagically if it's not wifi, even then it might sometimes. 

I am an win7 user who has not upgraded to 8.1 this is why I am ignorant, I'm pleased to know this has been addressed but I hope it's not a Microsoft driver and it actually pulls the latest for the NIC.

I am an win7 user who has not upgraded to 8.1 this is why I am ignorant, I'm pleased to know this has been addressed but I hope it's not a Microsoft driver and it actually pulls the latest for the NIC.

Unless you have some money invested into a really pricey NIC, it won't matter either way. 

In some situations the MS drivers have been seen to perform better than some vendor drivers.

also lol i'm going to make fun of you for having w7 after you upgrade from your tin foil cans. 

also lol i'm going to make fun of you for having w7 after you upgrade from your tin foil cans. 

African American I beg of you, I don't care about that anywhere near as much, my cans are going to revolutionize my life, what is W8 going to do for me anywhere on that scale!?

I will probably get windows 9 when it launches, but tell you what why not list 3 quick reasons why I should get W8.1 now.

African American I beg of you, I don't care about that anywhere near as much, my cans are going to revolutionize my life, what is W8 going to do for me anywhere on that scale!?

I will probably get windows 9 when it launches, but tell you what why not list 3 quick reasons why I should get W8.1 now.

1) better performance

2) superior start menu

3) cleaner (IMO) UI

4) dat lockscreen

5) improved search

6) More resource efficient (size, and looks like RAM use to me)

7) Skydrive integration (possibly useful)

There's literally nothing I think I liked about 7 more than 8.1, and I really did love 7. 

The only downside of 8.1 is it takes a few minutes to configure, where 7 is ready from the second the install finishes.