Headset/headphones below £30 - Suggestions?

Matsy

Using a pair of turtle beach X11's atm which have the characteristic whine you get with USB power headsets.

I'm after something better but I'm not all that willing to spend that much, below £30 would be great I think anything will have better audio that these....

Can be headphones or a headset, which ever has good audio and is comfortable as I have a separate mic I can use if needed.

Was looking at some of the cheaper sennheiser ones (HD 202, HD 201 etc), and ones like the Plantronics 380, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to audio equipment and I have no idea where to start...

I also have a Asus xonar dgx that I don't use.

THanks!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I believe the Planatronics are decent headsets. My mate got a pair for £20 when it was on sale and the mic is decent. My mate also said they fit quite well.

Once again cheap + quality don't really mix but if you can get one of the mid range Planatronics on sale, which they do often, give em a try imo!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

If you don't mind getting them online i would go with the new Superlux 681 EVO - http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd_681_evo_bk.htm

The old ones were raved about the in the budget category and the EVO are the brand new improved version.

I have a pair of the old ones and I can only recommend them at the price point you are asking for. I also modded mine a bit which gave them a overall better look and made them a bit more controlled.

1.JPG

If you get a pair, I can recommend slapping on a pair of AKG K240 velour pads on them, makes them a lot more comfortable and tames the bass a bit. Not sure what kind of pads the EVO's come with, however if they are anything like the old pads you should consider it.

Those are not in stock for awhile....and you cant get them anywhere else :/

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Ah yes, didn't notice that, probably means they still aren't really out here and that is just a pre-order.. If you could wait those will likely be the best option. If not i would go with the 668b also by Superlux (they kill in the budget category) - http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd668_b.htm

They should pair up nice with your DGX soundcard as well.

Headset

Using a pair of turtle beach X11's atm which have the characteristic whine you get with USB power headsets.

I'm after something better but I'm not all that willing to spend that much, below £30 would be great I think anything will have better audio that these....

Can be headphones or a headset, which ever has good audio and is comfortable as I have a separate mic I can use if needed.

Was looking at some of the cheaper sennheiser ones (HD 202, HD 201 etc), and ones like the Plantronics 380, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to audio equipment and I have no idea where to start...

I also have a Asus xonar dgx that I don't use.

THanks!

i use hd 202's and i love them