Why does Lenovo not do this?

I have this awesome idea for a laptop and I can't figure out why no manufacterer has done this.

Take a Lenovo T430, a chassis that I love and actually do want to have. It isn't thin and it isn't light and it has a bulky screen, but it works and it is a beast. Now take something like a Microsoft Surface Pro, which is basically a fully fledged notebook in a fancy shell without a keyboard. Now think about this: a surface pro isn't that much thicker than the screen of T430. So why can't they just put a similar computer in the screen and then fill up the basis of the chassis, where all those parts used to be, with LiPo batteries.

That way you have a reasonably powerfull notebook with a bajillion hours of battery life. Seriously, would it be that hard to implement? I don't need some crappy thin and light notebook. I don't care that it weighs a bit more and isn't as thin as an ultrabook. I just want a beast machine that lasts for ages on a charge.

thats gonna be really heavy

try picking up your t430 without a battery and see the difference

i own a T530 (best thing i bought in my life)

i have a 9 cell battery with maximum battery enabled and lasts well over 5 hours 

if u want more battery life u could install a battery plate pretty sure  lenovo still offers that

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

thats gonna be really heavy

try picking up your t430 without a battery and see the difference

Aha, but now you're talking about the Li-Ion batteries they currently put in laptops... I'm talking about LiPo's, which are lighter. And yes, even with such a battery the thing will still be heavy... I don't care! Lenovo already offers a 'slice battery' which extends the battery life up to 30 hours. Put that thing in the base of the laptop for God's sake!

Buy a batery pack : problem solved

Interested in Business and Technology

I don't think that's a bad idea, actually. Now that we can squeeze I7's etc in laptops about 9mm thin, why not incorporate that tech in a normal sized chassis and fill the rest with batteries. Come to think of it, apple did a similar thing withe the Mbp retina 15 - the front half of the laptop is all battery. Perhaps tech companies are too concentrated on taking advantage of smaller tech to make thinner machines, rather than longer battery life. There could even be space to fit some pretty beefy gpu's in there too!

OnePlus 6T

I don't think that's a bad idea, actually. Now that we can squeeze I7's etc in laptops about 9mm thin, why not incorporate that tech in a normal sized chassis and fill the rest with batteries. Come to think of it, apple did a similar thing withe the Mbp retina 15 - the front half of the laptop is all battery. Perhaps tech companies are too concentrated on taking advantage of smaller tech to make thinner machines, rather than longer battery life. There could even be space to fit some pretty beefy gpu's in there too!

The problem with GPUs is cooling... you need a lot of volume to cool the GPUs. However small you can make the electronics, effective surface area needed to cool something will not change

That is true. But with more space, you can fit in bigger fans! (You can probably tell I'm a desktop kinda guy, red led fans ftw lol.)

OnePlus 6T