AIO watercooling for GPU

Hey all, originally i wanted to do a full custom loop for watercooling my pc, but then i found that i don't have the money for that, so i am now considering AIO, but i need something for my GPU as that runs rather hot, and all i could find is this NZXT G10 adapter which allows you to fit a CPU cooler to a GPU chip and has a fan to cool ram and what not... what do people think, any goo reviews, etc... or any alternative options for cheap cooling of my GPU...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-007-NX&adword=google/pla&gclid=Cj0KEQjw06GfBRCR9tDI4t6n5_MBEiQAFo6kuDuybIdDFyiC43pBjJ4OltRvBy4rd5MovNGac84C4BoaAhDw8P8HAQ

NZXT G10 is the best for this.

There is an issue with it though, since it doesn't properly cool your vrm. You will need to buy a pack of small heatsinks with thermal adhesives to stick on the vrm and vram chips so they don't overheat.

The HG10 from corsair will be coming soon, and it addresses this issue, but no ETA on release. G10 is the best option atm.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

where do i get the appropriate heatsinks and adhesives, how do i know what to look for and that it will fit... can you help?

NZXT G10 is the best for this.

There is an issue with it though, since it doesn't properly cool your vrm. You will need to buy a pack of small heatsinks with thermal adhesives to stick on the vrm and vram chips so they don't overheat.

The HG10 from corsair will be coming soon, and it addresses this issue, but no ETA on release. G10 is the best option atm.

The HG10 requires a reference PCB GPU with the blower fan from the GPU. The bad news are that it requires specific card models, limiting its compatibility with only AMD Radeon R9 290X/290 reference cards (A1 Edition) or NVIDIA GeForce Titan, 780 Ti, 780, 770 cards (N1 Edition). Corsair hinted that there will be more versions for other AMD cards soon, although they did not specify for which models.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8105/corsair-presents-the-hydro-series-hg10-liquid-gpu-cooling-bracket

The HG10 can be the fix to OP's issues, but only if he has a reference GTX 770, 780, 780Ti, Titan, R9 290 or R9 290X due to the HG10's dependency on the GPU's blower fan.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8105/corsair-presents-the-hydro-series-hg10-liquid-gpu-cooling-bracket

The HG10 can be the fix to OP's issues, but only if he has a reference GTX 770, 780, 780Ti, Titan, R9 290 or R9 290X due to the HG10's dependency on the GPU's blower fan.

Reference will definitely be supported, but Corsair mentioned they will also be making custom plates for non-reference PCBs. Not sure what they will do for the fan though...and no info yet on which aftermarket cards will be compatible.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ok, so i have a gtx 760, and i either can wait for the HG10, or get the G10, but if i get the G10, what do i need to keep the VRAM cool, cause i dont know exactly what i am looking for?

ok, so i have a gtx 760, and i either can wait for the HG10, or get the G10, but if i get the G10, what do i need to keep the VRAM cool, cause i dont know exactly what i am looking for?

Honestly, your money might be better spent if you saved up to buy a new GPU.  The 760 is a great card, but for as much money as you are going to spend on cooling, you will already have almost half of the funds necessary to buy an R9 290, which is a massive upgrade to the GTX 760.  And that is with buying the least expensive CPU Cooler.  If you went with a 240mm Cooler, your cost will be in the $175 range.

The Corsair HG10 is for REFERENCE cards only, which is a massive letdown.  If you have any kind of aftermarket cooler(MSI,Gigabyte,EVGA, Zotac etc..) it is not going to work. You must have the reference design, N1 model for it to work with the HG10.  I was going to wait it out for the HG10, but I don't have a reference card, so I am going to give the G10 a try.

If you are dead set on buying a G10, here are the items you will need:

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN TIGHTENING THE BRACKET DOWN.  I cannot stress this enough, more than a few people have broken their cards by either over tightening or leaving it too loose.  If you over tighten, you can crack your GPU die.  If you don't tighten enough, you run the risk of frying your GPU.

After doing all of these modifications, you will have a hard time cleaning all of this stuff off, this is an *almost* permanent solution.  Some people have done it, but I assure you it is not easy and takes a lot of time because of how fragile the components are.

I am in the process of doing the G10 thing to my EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX cooling, I am waiting on a few of those extra products that I mentioned above, otherwise I would have more information for you.  A really good resource that I have used in my pursuit of water cooling my GPU is the OC.net G10 Owners Club Forum.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

i dont want to get a new GPU, my main goal it to make my PC quiet... so i am not going to buy a new gpu, at least not any time soon.

i do have a reference card, well, it has a reference cooler design... i have the PNY 760, but i feel i might not need some of the heat sinks or even have the fan on max, because i think the VRAM might have its own dedicated cooler,  unless i need to cool those black squares around the GPU chip as well. (cant remember what they are, but i thought they would be cooled fine because i have seen people not cool them at all and say you don't need to, and then you saying you do.)

this is what i think my GPU will look like without the cooler:

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2013/06/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-2gb-review/gtx_760_8b.jpg 

so i might not need all, or any of the mini heatsinks you said if i just keep on that heatsink in the image, also, are you sure you need to have the fan on max, cause if my card is the same as the card in the image, then it wouldnt even be cooling anything really., cause it will just go over the edge of the card...

also, not taken on installation, but i wont be doing it soon, it will be in at least 2 months time.

I was about to ask the (almost) same thing. I'll have to change the FANs, from my Gigabyte HD 7970 OC, one of them is making a strange noise, under a certain rotation speed, and I'm not willing to wait and see.

Since I'm changing, I was wondering if there is a simple water cooling system, like the H100i that I have on my CPU, something that I just put some thermal paste, place some screws and I'm good to go. I don't have the skills to place heatsinks and stuff ;(

I saw the Arctic Accelero Hybrid, but it was discontinued, apparently. I'm really up to water, but if there isn't a simple solution, I might stick with air, that is easier for me

What do you guys suggest?

Should I open a new topic or is it ok to hijack this one for a while?

well, you could try and replace the fan, im not sure how easy it would be, because i have never done it before, but it could be as easy as taking the blades of the old one off and replacing it with new ones, too having to take most of the fan apart, i  am sorry but i don't know and i am just imputing ideas...

alternatively, to use the G10, you need a cooler with a round base. the h100i and h100 have square ones, but the h55, h60, h90, along with some more models and different models from other brands... (look on the website) but you will have to add the additional mini heatsinks for the VRAM and what not. it depends, on how much work and effort you want to put into it, and money. if you want to replace the fan and try it that way, then you should make a new thread, if you want to go with the G10, then stick around here. 

personally, i am currently unsure about what Faceman said, not because i don't trust him or anyone on the forum, but because i have seen it in rigs before, and i don't remember seeing mini heatsinks on the VRAM or it being mentioned, and i feel that if it is this big of a thing, as i watched the linustechtips and teksyndicate videos on it, and neither of them i remember bringing it up, hence me not being sure about what he said. (and i only watched the videos yesterday)

UPDATE: i watched a video, and the guy pointed out that his VRM gets very hot (around 90c+) on his R9 290X, but that was without any heatsinks, so i don't think it is like, extremely vital, like you can run it without the little heatsinks, but it would be recommended.

but what i am stuck about, is for me, the fan will be hanging off the edge of the GPU probably, not even cooling anything...

i watched a video, and the guy pointed out that his VRM gets very hot (around 90c+) on his R9 290X, but that was without any heatsinks, so i don't think it is like, extremely vital, like you can run it without the little heatsinks, but it would be recommended.

but what i am stuck about, is for me, the fan will be hanging off the edge of the GPU probably, not even cooling anything...

Can you provide us the link for this video? I'd like to see this thing in action :lol: