Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Build

jscho

Updated parts photo :D

post-6570-0-38153800-1371707533_thumb.jp

This makes me VERY happy :D (Borderlands 2 @ Max if you can't see)

post-6570-0-41762800-1371707614_thumb.jp

I thank you all for checking out my system, let me know what you think, and upgrades will come in the future. Got some stuff lined up when I get the cash together.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

My new setup c:

post-6570-0-33833900-1372330924_thumb.jp

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same case , same ssd and same cooler :DD     great job man your build looks awesome

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

very sweet set up

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I have the same case , same ssd and same cooler :DD     great job man your build looks awesome

very sweet set up 

Thanking you both for your kind words C:

So, I've been busy investing a bit in the setup. Not so much the PC, but that will come. Don't worry ;D

post-6570-0-11370000-1373521602_thumb.jp

Upgrades to the system are on the way! I've been getting quite a few extra shifts at my current place of employment. Oh money how I love you  :wub:

Nice 1st time seeing someone build with that case also nice to know that it would'v been not possible putting a 180mm RAD up top like an X60 with the CPU power connector in the way same what happen to me with my R4 build 

Nice 1st time seeing someone build with that case also nice to know that it would'v been not possible putting a 180mm RAD up top like an X60 with the CPU power connector in the way same what happen to me with my R4 build 

The Define R4's interior is exactly the same as the Arc Midi's I've discovered. Just the top, front and side panels are changed. Both are beautiful cases though :D

3 Screens :D Do Nvidia Surround gaming!!! Its awesome with games that support it

3 Screens :D Do Nvidia Surround gaming!!! Its awesome with games that support it

I'd love to do it C: I have the desk space and it'd look so beast.

All black builds....love em. That PSU is beast! Nice choice.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

All black builds....love em. That PSU is beast! Nice choice.

Appreciate the kind words ^_^ Its an amazing PSU. Fan doesn't even spin up until it hits a decent load. Whisper quiet and I could throw another 680 in there quite comfortably! Been contemplating another one for some time actually.

Slick as hell build! Dominator Platinum's are overkill since the 3570K only supports up to 1600Mhz... Looks killer though.

Slick as hell build! Dominator Platinum's are overkill since the 3570K only supports up to 1600Mhz... Looks killer though.

Thank you :lol: but, the RAM will go as high as the CPU and motherboard allows it to. Z77 natively supports 1600Mhz, but it can be increased to be much higher.

Looks nice and clean. Possibly what I would think of is adding some more white accents because its a lot of black now... Maybe some of those black/white fans you have in the top. Maybe one more in the top, maybe one on the rad to have it push/pull.... Would be good for the looks :)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Looks nice and clean. Possibly what I would think of is adding some more white accents because its a lot of black now... Maybe some of those black/white fans you have in the top. Maybe one more in the top, maybe one on the rad to have it push/pull.... Would be good for the looks :)

I plan on doing exactly that! ^_^  Some Corsair SPs for a push/pull rad (Even if it does little to improve temps, its all for looks) Some AF140s on the top and front for better airflow, Fractal's stock fans are pretty decent though. I want to get another kit of Dominator Platinums, a sound card (was thinking Xonar D2X or Phoebus, I need 7.1) and add some white LEDs  :wub: 

All are on my to do list :D

I plan on doing exactly that! ^_^  Some Corsair SPs for a push/pull rad (Even if it does little to improve temps, its all for looks) Some AF140s on the top and front for better airflow, Fractal's stock fans are pretty decent though. I want to get another kit of Dominator Platinums, a sound card (was thinking Xonar D2X or Phoebus, I need 7.1) and add some white LEDs  :wub: 

All are on my to do list :D

Only thing I can say is: Great minds think alike :D!! Sounds awesome !!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Nice build! I have a 3570k with a H80i... my idle temps are around 42C! Im a but worried because it is like this at stock speeds and voltages.. Help please :P

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Only thing I can say is: Great minds think alike :D!! Sounds awesome !!

Thanks man  :lol:

Nice build! I have a 3570k with a H80i... my idle temps are around 42C! Im a but worried because it is like this at stock speeds and voltages.. Help please :P

Thanks dude! High idle temps aren't what you should be worried about. It's your load temps that you should be wary of! Anything < 80C is pretty good.

Looks really clean :) I like it.

Thank you  ^_^

Really clean build, great job man

I want an Arc Midi, do they all have brown tinted windows?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I want an Arc Midi, do they all have brown tinted windows?

It isn't brown, might be my pictures (taken with my iPhone 5, I'm sure you can understand  ;)) It's a smoked plexi. If you have any bright lights inside your chassis, it's not as intense.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a little something. I can't get enough of it  :wub:

post-6570-0-65171600-1375787954_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

I need a job. I need to make somthing like this for myself. But not as good. And with a Rat 7 mouse. In witch i have.

Buy all the planes! Im also bad at quoting!

I need a job. I need to make somthing like this for myself. But not as good. And with a Rat 7 mouse. In witch i have.

Haha, how'd you stumble across this thread? First reply comment in a while :lol: A job is good. I paid for all of this off minimum wage  <_<