Scary FPS games with good graphics?

Donimater2

I want a game where it is super intense as you are travelling thorugh locations and out of nowhere scary things can pop out that mean you have to react very quickly, must be a shooter and have good graphics as if it doesn't have good graphics it just is not scary because there is no-realism.

Thanks in advance :D

Every fear game looks pretty good and is pretty scary. Try those

Edit: It's also pretty challenging on the higher difficulties due to the fact that fear has a learning AI if I recall correctly.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Stalker

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Amnesia.   You wanted a shooter, nevermind.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Amnesia.   You wanted a shooter, nevermind.

Amnesia is totally a shooter.

Some piss their pants so hard it's almost like an FPS :D

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I want a game where it is super intense as you are travelling thorugh locations and out of nowhere scary things can pop out that mean you have to react very quickly, must be a shooter and have good graphics as if it doesn't have good graphics it just is not scary because there is no-realism.

Thanks in advance :D

Scary fps shooters? Maybe try Metro, L4D, DOOM, Bioshock, Sniper Elite, Stalker, Amnesia if mods are applied.., Dark Light is a highly anticipated zombie parkour gaming which is said to be amazing and maybe try Dead Island. You may not think of any of these as good games or your type but just throwing out a bunch of suggestions.

Feel free to +1 if I helped you out! No seriously +1 or get stabbed.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

IDK if it still counts as having good graphics but F.E.A.R. 1 (and only 1) was a good scary FPS and well paced IMO, the Dead Space series was good too but personally I found it had too much action to really be scary still a great series though and of course DOOM 3 but you need surround sound to really get the most out of that IMO.

FPS is a tough category for scares IMO because personally I find the action spoils the scary atmosphere, very few games can actually get the pacing right to have action without spoiling scares and slow suspense building areas without getting boring, survival horror is a better genre for scares IMO but doesn't really fulfil your shooter requirement.

Well, I was scared during BioShock 1. Come on, the intros were freaky and you're being hunted by freaks. I got the hang of it after the golf club sequence...a little too late :lol:

Dishonored (Set to the highest difficulty) - the scary part about it is after you've carefully tread a hallway, you look to your left, then you look to your right suddenly the maid spots you. Gave me jump scare feels every time.

Unturned - was pretty scary at first, until you get the hang of it of course :P

HL2 - We Don't Go to Ravenholm level was pretty traumatic for me. It was like a freakshow with jump scares.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

What? No Cry of Fear? Ts ts ts...(It's free BTW)

EDIT: Grey, Afraid of Monsters, ERIE <-- They're all free

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

The first 2 Bioshock games. Infinite is also fairly scary

Computer: 4790k, 16 GB Ram, Strix 980, Z97 Gaming 7, Dark Rock Pro 3, EVGA 750 G2, 850 EVO

Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Tablet: iPad Air 2

Freaking deadspace series. And half life is a good classic :)

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H