R9 270 Crossfire but YouTube still stutters at 4K?

staykov

Because you clearly don't know how get the setup correct. Because it works fine for me on an AMD APU, not even a Phenom.

All I know for a fact is that YT 4K works flawless on my Intel platform but failed hard on the AMD platform. No additional ... "Setup" LOL was required before for any of my AMD platforms or my Intel setup.

All I know for a fact is that YT 4K works flawless on my Intel platform but failed hard on the AMD platform. No additional ... "Setup" LOL was required before for any of my AMD platforms or my Intel setup.

Try it in chrome, in html 5 with default settings and I'd beg to differ. Even if it did, you shouldn't need a 12 core CPU just to watch video. Doesn't make sense, also just because it worked on your intel platform doesn't mean your amd platform wasn't setup correctly. Unless the hard drive was cloned, I don't buy your argument.

Try it in chrome, in html 5 with default settings and I'd beg to differ. Even if it did, you shouldn't need a 12 core CPU just to watch video. Doesn't make sense, also just because it worked on your intel platform doesn't mean your amd platform wasn't setup correctly. Unless the hard drive was cloned, I don't buy your argument.

I don't have a 12 core Intel CPU LOL. I use Firefox cause it's better and has features like adblock plus which I highly regard as a must have piece of software. No "Extra" setup was needed on Intel so I don't know what the hell you are trying to say to me.

I don't have a 12 core Intel CPU LOL. I use Firefox cause it's better and has features like adblock plus which I highly regard as a must have piece of software. No "Extra" setup was needed on Intel so I don't know what the hell you are trying to say to me.

What I'm saying is, it works fine on my AMD CPU in Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I even got it to work decently in Chrome after doing some tweaks to Chrome. It has nothing to do with the CPU. So your claim that it's because of an AMD CPU because it's inferior than an Intel CPU doesn't hold water.

What I'm saying is, it works fine on my AMD CPU in Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I even got it to work decently in Chrome after doing some tweaks to Chrome. It has nothing to do with the CPU. So your claim that it's because of an AMD CPU because it's inferior than an Intel CPU doesn't hold water.

I am saying that the CPU usage was outta control on my Phenom II x4 when running 4K YT.

I am saying that the CPU usage was outta control on my Phenom II x4 when running 4K YT.

Again, because you didn't have your setup done correctly. If it was, it wouldn't have been an issue. I'm going to stop replying as you seriously don't get it. 

why would you play 4k on 1080p anyway... 

if its not broken, dont fix it :D

Youtube's compression is why. 

• 2 months later...

I have recently followed MKBHD post about editing the cookies to try out the new experimental YT player, and it looks really nice!

post-65721-0-15338500-1428920358.png

I have been trying out watching it in 4k on my 1080p monitor, which i know is pointless but it was interesting! This morning though i loaded up a video and it appeared to be in 8k, now i'm sure this is the wrong thread but i thought i should post it anyway. Of course the video i was watching was actually a mere 4k video but i found it quite interesting that, even though it was a bug, there was the graphic in place for 8k. 

So i took a screenshot of the tool:

post-65721-0-94667000-1428920328.png

So i have no idea if they are implementing the feature anytime soon i was just quite surprised by the graphic placeholder being there!

If this should go in another thread please let me know!

If you want to check out the article about changing perimental player you can find it here:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/youtube-tests-new-video-player-for.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have a weird discrepancy here.

I run a R9 270 Crossfire system, 8gigs ram, Quad Core Cpu

I can play battlefield maxed out at FullHd with NO problem. However when I try to play 4K videos in YouTube they stutter. 

Any idea how to fix?

I have a good connection btw low-ping - 100Mbp/s

Hey everyone, I just wanted to update this topic. I found out the reason it was stuttering for me, and maybe for staykov. It was a dying PSU. I had a cx600m that was dying and whenever it was under load it stuttered in video and audio. I sold it because I had a 750w gold PSU and it instantly went away. I confirmed with the person that bought it, that it wasn't supplying enough voltage on the 12v rail and I submitted an RMA for him. Hope this helps.