R9 270 Crossfire but YouTube still stutters at 4K?

staykov

@staykov I would suggest doing a clean reinstall of the CCC drivers. Ya never know it may be just doing something wierd. I run a 270 on an old phenom and I was able to render out the 4k video you linked above without any issue. Flash player drove the cpu up to ~70% and the gpu no higher than 25% spikes. Yours' should definitely be capable.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

• 5 months later...

So I know this thread is a few months old, but I just put a 970 into my media pc to power my 4k TV. I had the same issue, but it turns out it's only in Chrome (tried IE and Firefox IE was best, Firefox second). I have a 5800k apu so it's definitely not his processor. I found a fix for it on reddit, basically a plugin that disables html5 and uses flash player instead. It improved a bit, but was still a bit laggy. Oh well, I'll have to use IE or Firefox for 4k video.

AMD cpu is the issue. I had same issue on the Phenom II x4 OCed and when i went to Intel I can now run 4K video content on YouTube butter smooth.

As I said - I am running 4770k, so it's obviously not that. Read the thread before posting please? 

It's the CPU I had ther same issue and i posted here about some time ago. upgraded to Intel and now 4K Video plays butter smooth because I don't have nvidia Cuda I am on Radeon so it's the CPU that drives YT.

It's the CPU I had ther same issue and i posted here about some time ago. upgraded to Intel and now 4K Video plays butter smooth because I don't have nvidia Cuda I am on Radeon so it's the CPU that drives YT.

Wow...pure fanboyism at its best (the OP is using an intel chip you dolt lol)

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Also, chrome

AMD cpu is the issue. I had same issue on the Phenom II x4 OCed and when i went to Intel I can now run 4K video content on YouTube butter smooth.

No it's not. I just said I have an AMD APU and it works fine in Internet explorer and Firefox. Watching in Chrome made my CPU hit 60 degrees. Internet explorer and firefox worked fine. So if OP was using chrome, he can try other browsers.

Wow...pure fanboyism at its best (the OP is using an intel chip you dolt lol)

Or just not knowing what he's talking about. Haha.

Also, chrome

No it's not. I just said I have an AMD APU and it works fine in Internet explorer and Firefox. Watching in Chrome made my CPU hit 60 degrees. Internet explorer and firefox worked fine. So if OP was using chrome, he can try other browsers.

Just ignore him Kush, he probably gets paid just to spout intel publicity (even if he cant read that the op has an intel chip)

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

If you guys don't know already, I/O is a master a shitposting.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Or just not knowing what he's talking about. Haha.

Op did not specify CPU in OP. Someone said FX 4300. Just sayin slains that when I went from AMD to Intel CPU YT 4K plays flawlessly. 

If you guys don't know already, I/O is a master a shitposting.

Not true. OPer should have posted his specs in OP.

you just couldnt wait to jump on the shitpost train...choo choo

— Grumpy old man

Just ignore him Kush, he probably gets paid just to spout intel publicity (even if he cant read that the op has an intel chip)

I paid out of pocket about $400 to upgrade to a premium Intel Z97X platform so no unfortunatly Intel did and does not sponsor me rather I sponsored them. This is just real world experience that Intel offers better performance and stability IMH experience.

you just couldnt wait to jump on the shitpost train...choo choo

There's no shit posting.

He hasnt really shit posted, yet....... you guys technically started the rudeness.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I paid out of pocket about $400 to upgrade to a premium Intel Z97X platform so no unfortunatly Intel did and does not sponsor me rather I sponsored them. This is just real world experience that Intel offers better performance and stability IMH experience.

Except the issue has nothing to do with CPU really. It's chrome using the CPU instead of the graphics card.

He hasnt really shit posted, yet....... you guys technically started the rudeness.

God Bless.

Not really. I specifically said have an APU and it works fine in IE and Firefox multiple times. How is that rude? Yet he stated it's definitely the CPU since it's AMD, when the OP has an Intel?

Except the issue has nothing to do with CPU really. It's chrome using the CPU instead of the graphics card.

I use Firefox and YT uses the CPU because I don't have Cude because I wont support nvidia.

It has nothing to do with Cuda cores.

YT can use Cuda to take care on rendering.

YT can use Cuda to take care on rendering.

No it can't. It says in the link I provided Direct3D and says the same on my Nvidia System. I've attached a screenshot of my 7950 on another PC. Works just the same. Cuda is for Adobe premiere, photoshop etc. Not Youtube. Can you link to where you got that information as I don't believe it.

B74Y7wR.png

He said he had a i7-4770K

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

He said he had a i7-4770K

Not in OP. Also why could I not play 3K YT smoothly on AMD but it works the tits on Intel ?

Not in OP. Also why could I not play 3K YT smoothly on AMD but it works the tits on Intel ?

Because you clearly don't know how get the setup correct. Because it works fine for me on an AMD APU, not even a Phenom. And again it has nothing to do with the CPU as it's the graphics acceleration that's taking care of it.